Why Wave Dac is not Generating Outout?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everybody,

I made a project where i place a Wave dac with external clock selected. But now it is not giving me any wave output with external clock selected and attached. It is working with internal clock selected in the same project. Also If i run with the same setting outside the project (another project), it works perfect.

I also attached pic.

Looking forward for your reply.

Best Regards

Awais

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

You get that 7u warning because you access a non-existing array element. Compiler has obviously "seen" that during optimization. Arrays in C-language are starting with index 0.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Did you get a clock warning when building the project? Can you please post your complete project, so that we all can have a look at all of your settings. To do so, use
Creator->File->Create Workspace Bundle (minimal)
and attach the resulting file.

Bob

0 Likes
lock attach
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clock warning is present. I don't completely understand the clock issue. You can have a look on it.

0 Likes
lock attach
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

There are updates for some components (including wavedac). I would suggest you to update to latest Creator version and update the components.

7u warnings: IIR_buffer has not an element IIR_buffer[8], this will be an error.

See corrected / commented project

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou so much Bob.

Can you tell me why it is showing me that filter warning because its an 8 th order digital filter?

Also, I am using creator 3.3. How i can update components?

Looking forward for your reply.

Regards

Awais

0 Likes
rola_264706
Level 8
Level 8
50 likes received 25 likes received 10 likes received

Did you install the 32.768 crystal on the board?  That is one reason another is that I think the clock is too slow. You are taking the 32.768 Khz clock and dividing it down making it even slower.  I believe that it needs at least 1 Mhz clock to function according to the Data sheet on the Dac component. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I haven't install the 32.768 crystal on the board. I am just using a given clock.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

Can you tell me why it is showing me that filter warning because its an 8 th order digital filter?

the 7u warning or which warning are you referring to? See lines where warnings are.

Also, I am using creator 3.3. How i can update components?

Creator "Project -> Update Components" Make sure you are at latest Creator (SP1)

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean the the 7u warning .

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

You get that 7u warning because you access a non-existing array element. Compiler has obviously "seen" that during optimization. Arrays in C-language are starting with index 0.

Bob

0 Likes