Which are or where are the specs of eeprom in CY8KIT-59 5LP?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
luisji
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

I need the complete specifications of CY8KIT-059 5LP in order to know exactly the user available addresses of EEPROM, and size.   Can somebody tell me where is the document or share it?  

0 Likes
1 Solution
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

According to the Datasheet of  CY8C58LP Family, Document Number 001-84932,
It has 2KB of EEPROM.

And Table 5-5  in the 5.7 Memory Map reads

001-Fig05-5.JPG

For more details, please refer to the PSoC 5LP: CY8C58LP Family Datasheet.

moto

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

There is a custom component which simplifies using PSoC5 EEPROM.

myEEPROM: component to save/recall application settings in EEPROM between power offs

0 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

The example cited works 90% with CRC functionality, which is not what I need, and the specific question, about how can I access eeprom (start address and size) still is not clear.   There they suppose that de zero address is the begining, but I'm not sure if that is a user available zone or if the APIs access the user available zone as default.  The other item, the size, it suggest to be 2K Bytes, but at the end I only want to use EEPROM_writeByte() and EEPROM_ReadByte() APIs.  So I need to know if I can use it as a continuous address sequence, that is, independently of the idea of rows, so I can define a register (a chain of numbers or characters) beginning in what could be a row and with its end of register in what could be the next row, with these byte oriented instructions.  I suppose yes, but I'd like to be sure.   So, the questions are the same, At what base address (zero?) I can access EEPROM?, and What is the size available of EEPROM for the CY8KIT-059 5LP?

Thank you for your help

0 Likes

The EEPROM can only be accessed in Rows. Therefore neither _WriteByte() nor _ReadByte() procedures exist. The myEEPROM was created to simplify read/write access to the EEPROM and encapsulates all functionality available to the EEPROM. You can study the code inside to learn more about EEPROM access. 

As I recollect, the CRC is optional, and can be omitted to speed up access time. However, reading and writing to the EEPROM is relatively slow process, so having CRC doesn't affect the overall performance. The only use of the EEPROM is to keep the settings between power offs and resets, and  the CRC option adds extra reliability to the process.    

luisji
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 50 replies posted 50 sign-ins

It is not my imagination, I'm taking the information about the byte oriented APIs from ' Document Number: 001-96734 Rev. *A from Cypress Semiconductor Corp.  revised 22th nov, 2017, where it states the using of these APIs.   Except that somebody (worst enemy of the byte oriented APIs) has deleted these functions between that date and today, but I think there is a very low probability of that occurring.  
The problem is that this is a software oriented document, but I think, not exactly CY8KIT-059 oriented one.   

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

According to the Datasheet of  CY8C58LP Family, Document Number 001-84932,
It has 2KB of EEPROM.

And Table 5-5  in the 5.7 Memory Map reads

001-Fig05-5.JPG

For more details, please refer to the PSoC 5LP: CY8C58LP Family Datasheet.

moto

0 Likes
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @luisji ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes