Where is the LPF component?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiVa_4337911
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I can't find the LPF component in my PSoC creator (using CY8C5888LTI for the project), but the Resource  Meter showing there are two unused

pastedImage_0.png

Here is the screen shot of the Component Catalog

pastedImage_1.png

Do I need to install additional libraries?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Xiaowei,

If you're interested, I have a pre-release version of the LPF component you want to try.

It is located in the LPF_v1_0 directory in the archive I've attached.

You can set one of 4 corner frequencies:

• 15.3KHz
  • 30.6KHz
  • 76.5KHz
  • 153.0KHz

I've also included a LPF demo project built for the CY8CKIT-059 board.  Press the user SW and it changes the corner frequency to the next one in the list above.

Len

PS:  Let me know if it works for you before I release it to the Cypress community.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
lock attach
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

Low-Pass Filter (LPF)  is just a simple simple 1-order RC analog filter, it has two internal resistors(1024K Ohm and 208K Ohm) and two capacitors(5pF and 10pF), so it supports four different cut-off frequency options.

0 Likes

Thanks, but where did you find this? Is this a part of another PSoC library?

0 Likes

No, it is an internal component which not released。

Because its internal structure is too simple, the function is very limited, hard to be called a functional component, so it is not be included in standard PSoC library.

0 Likes
lock attach

Xiaowei,

If you're interested, I have a pre-release version of the LPF component you want to try.

It is located in the LPF_v1_0 directory in the archive I've attached.

You can set one of 4 corner frequencies:

• 15.3KHz
  • 30.6KHz
  • 76.5KHz
  • 153.0KHz

I've also included a LPF demo project built for the CY8CKIT-059 board.  Press the user SW and it changes the corner frequency to the next one in the list above.

Len

PS:  Let me know if it works for you before I release it to the Cypress community.

Len
0 Likes

XiaoweiZ,

A LPF component now exists!

A LPF (Low-Pass Filter) Component -- Finally!!!

Len

Len
0 Likes

NiVa,

If you select your project's Dependencies...

pastedImage_2.png

You can enable CyPrimitives

pastedImage_1.png

In the component catalog you can find the LFP primitive component under AnalogPrimitives.

pastedImage_0.png

You can then hook it up to analog routing on your TopDesign.

Sadly as Xiaowei indicated, there is no official component for the LPF.  Additionally there is no way to configure this LPF primitive from TopDesign.  Once you have this component on your schematic it will route the analog signals you have connected to it.  However, you must manually control the registers to configure it.

Len

Len
0 Likes