WaveDAC8_SetValue() has no effect

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Hello, I am using a WaveDAC8 to generate a low frequency tone. It is using a PWM as an external clock source. This allows me to vary the frequency of the tone by changing the PWM period. When I stop the PWM I want to set the WaveDAC output to a predetermined value. I assumed SetValue would accomplish this, but with the clock stopped, the output stays at whatever the last value of the waveform was. SetValue has no effect. What am I doing wrong?   
0 Likes
1 Solution
RaAl_264636
Level 6
Level 6
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi Beartooth,

according to the WaveDAC datasheet the clock should be stopped when using SetValue(), so this approach is correct.

I also read the clock component datasheet, which states that if the Clock_Stop() function is used, the clock signal output will be low.

Which signal does your PWM signal have when you stop it? Maybe it would be a good idea to temporarily replace the PWM with a clock component and test if the SetValue() works when using the clock component.

Regards,

Ralf

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies