Wave dac maximum samples

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
drmi_4295866
Level 1
Level 1

Hi alll,

i am usings  psoc 5lp for generating waves from Wavedac8 using arbitrary file and change samples value in code . I want to use 500 samples and wavedac8 take only 250 samples even maximum range of dac is 4000 . Whenever I use more samplesthan 250 it's not generate any wave can any one help out?

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

drmi,

This demo project has custom WaveGen generator making Sine wave for testing purposes.

DelSig_ADC - Filter - VDAC8 streaming demo using DMA

You can delete other parts of this project (ADC, Filter, Rotary Encoder, ...) and have only sine generator left. To produce sine, a custom WaveGen8 component is used, which is similar in performance to WaveDAC8, but simpler to use. The length of wave is limited to 2x4095.

To simply change sine amplitude, call one of the standard APIs, e.g.

WaveGen_1_CreateSineWave_C(amplitude, phase);

For more sophisticated example using DDS-like approach with double-buffering check this demo:

Re: Audio signal generator: strange noise with headphones, no noise when connected to PC

/odissey1

ADC-Filter-VDAC_01b_C.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

drmi,

This demo project has custom WaveGen generator making Sine wave for testing purposes.

DelSig_ADC - Filter - VDAC8 streaming demo using DMA

You can delete other parts of this project (ADC, Filter, Rotary Encoder, ...) and have only sine generator left. To produce sine, a custom WaveGen8 component is used, which is similar in performance to WaveDAC8, but simpler to use. The length of wave is limited to 2x4095.

To simply change sine amplitude, call one of the standard APIs, e.g.

WaveGen_1_CreateSineWave_C(amplitude, phase);

For more sophisticated example using DDS-like approach with double-buffering check this demo:

Re: Audio signal generator: strange noise with headphones, no noise when connected to PC

/odissey1

ADC-Filter-VDAC_01b_C.png

0 Likes