W25Q128FV interfacing with poc5 lp

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DePa_3244516
Level 4
Level 4
First like received First like given

i want to interface W25Q128FV with psoc 5lp for my GLCD project and i want to store my image files on flash ic

i found this http://www.cypress.com/documentation/code-examples/interfacing-quad-spi-memory-psoc-r-5lp

i want to check does all the register values which are used in Quad_SPIM_1_Quad_SPIM.h are compatible with my flash ic or not?

how can i check that? i tried to compare it with the datasheet but i got confused

any other options available for interfacing?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The Quad SPIM Component was designed specifically for Cypress Quad SPI Memories. Your flash IC W25Q128FV can implement the Quad SPI interface and since this a standard interface, you should be able to interface it. For understanding how the memory addressing is implemented, you can check out how Cypress implements the Common Flash Interface (CFI) at this link: http://www.cypress.com/file/195291/download

Regards,

Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The Quad SPIM Component was designed specifically for Cypress Quad SPI Memories. Your flash IC W25Q128FV can implement the Quad SPI interface and since this a standard interface, you should be able to interface it. For understanding how the memory addressing is implemented, you can check out how Cypress implements the Common Flash Interface (CFI) at this link: http://www.cypress.com/file/195291/download

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

thanks for info

i want to interface W25Q128FV with psoc 5lp for my GLCD project and i want to store my image files on flash ic, for this from where i have to start?

0 Likes
lock attach

thank you

do you have any idea of using emFile for spi flash?

i tried example code for sd card but i want to use for spi flash ic

but i am getting error while building attached code, also i am not able to find definition of FS_NOR_SetPhyType() and many other functions

0 Likes

hi

i have interfaced  the flash chip using NVRAM_SPI

now i am writing the flash from sd card to display image on tft, but it showing me black and white image incited of original colours as shown in attachment

also if i change the frequency of nvram_spi, image only displaying white

what changes i have to made?

0 Likes
lock attach

0 Likes

Please create a new thread as it is different from your original issue.

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

hello

anyone is here?

use NVRAM_SPI

but i have doubt in configuration of component

what is the use of spi_density? can anyone explain it for my flash ic W25Q128FV?

it is for per page bit or anything else?

0 Likes