Unable to program the CY8C5868LTI-LP039

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
adrian_west
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

We where using a CY8C5888LTI-LP097. We where unable to get those parts.  So,  we got some CY8C5868LTI-LP039 off of ebay.
I am struggling to flash the CY8C5868LTI-LP039. I am using the MiniProgrammer4 with a 10pin header. This was working with our old processer but not the CY8C5868LTI-LP039.

The programmer reports the correct part and is able to erases the flah. But not program the part.
I recompiled the project with the new part and got no errors and got a new hex file.  I have been using the hex file the entire time.

Log from flash program:

Program Finished at 3:24:42 PM |
| FAILED! Unknown error
| Erase Succeeded
| JtagID: 2E 12 70 69
Program Requested at 3:24:40 PM |
Power On at 3:24:31 PM | MiniProg4 (CMSIS-DAP/BULK/110C14D101310400)

Anyone have any ideas as to what my issue could be.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

Adrian:
You may have bogus parts, ebay is not the most secure source. I just went through this with a customer who bought PSoC3 parts from a broker. It turns out the parts were most probably from a scrapped lot that happened to 
"fall off the back of the truck" on the way to the scrap yard. I regret to inform you that, by Infineon official policy, we are not allowed to provide support, including failure analysis, for parts purchased outside of our normal direct or distribution channels. I suggest that you contact your local Infineon sales or distribution representative and procure (beg) a few samples from them to verify that your programming connections and project hex file are indeed correct. The sales guys should be able to find a few samples.
---- Dennis Seguine, PSoC Applications Engineer

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee

The chip-ID is correct for ..LTI-LP039.
Did you re-build your project using the new chip part number?
---- Dennis Seguine, PSoC applications engineer

0 Likes
adrian_west
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Yes I did,  I also used the that hex file and was unable to program the device.

adrian_west_0-1657737713230.png

0 Likes
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee

Adrian:
You may have bogus parts, ebay is not the most secure source. I just went through this with a customer who bought PSoC3 parts from a broker. It turns out the parts were most probably from a scrapped lot that happened to 
"fall off the back of the truck" on the way to the scrap yard. I regret to inform you that, by Infineon official policy, we are not allowed to provide support, including failure analysis, for parts purchased outside of our normal direct or distribution channels. I suggest that you contact your local Infineon sales or distribution representative and procure (beg) a few samples from them to verify that your programming connections and project hex file are indeed correct. The sales guys should be able to find a few samples.
---- Dennis Seguine, PSoC Applications Engineer

0 Likes