Unable to program CY8CKIT-050

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ViLa_1077171
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, I am currently trying to load a sample project to my CYCKIT-050 PSoC 5 dev kit. If I try to create a new project (using PSoC Creator 4.4) I don't see PSoC 5 in the list for target devices. I only see (PSoC 3, 4, 5LP, 6, and FM0+). If I just pick PSoC 5LP and load a code example, I am unable to program the device.

I am getting "This device was recognized, but PSoC Creator does not support using it at this time."

Capture.PNG

I've tried some suggestions I've found from these forums for this error: I have the latest version for Peripheral Driver Library, PSoC Programmer, and PSoC Creator according to the Update Manager. I have tried restarting my PC and different USB ports on my computer, and different USB cables as well. I am using Windows 10.

From PSoC Programmer, I can Erase the flash but I can't program. Let me know if there is anything I should try or if this device is no longer supported.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello ViLa_1077171

The PSoC 5 device is no longer supported in PSoC Creator

Please refer to the following page: https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-5  which mentions that PSoC® 5 is now replaced by PSoC® 5LP.

PIN135216 provides more information on this.

Thus, you are able to see the support for PSoC 5LP. I guess the kit you are using was obtained before January 1, 2014 ?

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello ViLa_1077171

The PSoC 5 device is no longer supported in PSoC Creator

Please refer to the following page: https://www.cypress.com/products/psoc-5  which mentions that PSoC® 5 is now replaced by PSoC® 5LP.

PIN135216 provides more information on this.

Thus, you are able to see the support for PSoC 5LP. I guess the kit you are using was obtained before January 1, 2014 ?

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes

Ekta,

Is there an earlier version of Creator that he can use?

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

Hi Len,

Sorry for the late response. It is possible to select PSoC 5 as target device upto PSoC Creator 2.2. From PSoC Creator 3.0 onwards I could not find PSoC 5 in the list of available devices.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes
ViLa_1077171
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for confirming, it is an old kit.

0 Likes