USB UART Problem

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
ApPo_1339236
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hello Members,

Windows 10 is not detecting USB UART driver for Bootloader Host software.

Please help. Even I am not seeing any unrecognized device in Device Manager 

list. What should I do? In Bootloader Host program there is no listing of USB UART Port.

I have attached the screenshot.

0 Likes
1 Solution
pacr_284376
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 10 solutions authored 50 sign-ins

It is not clear to me what you are trying to do.

As I can see in your screenshot you have :

- A Pioneer Kit which includes both a PSOC5lp as programmer and an PSOC4 (4200) processor.

- You are trying to reprogram the PSOC5lp, not the PSOC4 processor

- You are following the instructions in Application note AN84858

Are you aware that reprogramming the PSOC5lp on you pioneer board is a pretty complex action and if it goes wrong you might be unable (or it is very complex) to restore the board to its original condition ? It is mainly meant for PSOC4 development, not for PSOC5lp development.

I am not sure if the PSOC4200 has an USB connection, at least not on the Pioneer board

I could be overseeing something

For 'simply' programming the PSOC4 processor, you need the PSOC Programmer application NOT the Bootloader application

Patrick

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
KyTr_1955226
Level 6
Level 6
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 50 solutions authored

Nothing shows up in Windows Device Manager?  iirc Windows 10 should have a CDC UART support native.  However if you need to install a driver, you can use the .inf/cat files that PSoC Creator generates to do so:

KyTr_1955226_0-1664891812684.png

It is typically put into the .cydsn folder in your project directory when you build a project using a CDC USB UART.

If you see no device in windows at all through the device manager, that points to a firmware issue possibly with connection.  Have you successfully connected this PSoC through USB in the past (does the hardware check out?)

[EDIT]
I notice from your screenshot you only have USB devices appearing.  The USB CDC UART will show up as a UART (COM) port to the OS, so that box must be checked to show UART ports, even if they are emulated USB UART Ports.  The "USB" interface selection in the host is for USB HID interfaces.

0 Likes
pacr_284376
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 10 solutions authored 50 sign-ins

It is not clear to me what you are trying to do.

As I can see in your screenshot you have :

- A Pioneer Kit which includes both a PSOC5lp as programmer and an PSOC4 (4200) processor.

- You are trying to reprogram the PSOC5lp, not the PSOC4 processor

- You are following the instructions in Application note AN84858

Are you aware that reprogramming the PSOC5lp on you pioneer board is a pretty complex action and if it goes wrong you might be unable (or it is very complex) to restore the board to its original condition ? It is mainly meant for PSOC4 development, not for PSOC5lp development.

I am not sure if the PSOC4200 has an USB connection, at least not on the Pioneer board

I could be overseeing something

For 'simply' programming the PSOC4 processor, you need the PSOC Programmer application NOT the Bootloader application

Patrick

0 Likes