USB Isochronous Transfer

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using libusb in visual studio to write console application capable of transferring data to CY8CKIT-050. My code works for Bulk and interrupt transfer i.e. I can send data from computer to PSOC and get it back as well. However, for isochronous transfer it gives LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED. I have searched on the internet and to my understanding libusb doesn't fully support isochronous mode of transfer. 

please help me If anyone knows a library with a sample code that can help me writing a code for isochronous transfer. I'm using windows 10 and visual studio 2013 to write a c/c++ console application to communicate with CY8CKIT-050 development kit.

0 Likes
1 Solution
tge
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked First question asked

SuiteUSB 3.4 - USB Development tools for Visual Studio has all you need to get started, including the USB driver, libraries, sample code and documentation

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
cadi_1014291
Level 6
Level 6
25 likes received 10 likes received 10 likes given

Hi Ammarshamim, i just start using USB with PSoC and libUSB so maybe i'm wrong but i just found this link http://libusb.org/static/api-1.0/group__asyncio.html#details

i'm also using VS, but the newer version, Community 2015.

Hope the link helps you

Carlos

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah. I have tried this. There are some unofficial patches available on GITHUB for libusb. But there feedback is not good and that is why they haven't added those patches to the libusb. That is why I was wondering if cypress has some sort of library which can help me.

0 Likes
tge
Employee
Employee
25 sign-ins 5 questions asked First question asked

SuiteUSB 3.4 - USB Development tools for Visual Studio has all you need to get started, including the USB driver, libraries, sample code and documentation

0 Likes