UART communication using Parallels for MacOS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Owon
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello everybody ,
I use Parallels on MacOS to be able to use PSoC software, in particular I use Bridge Control Panel for UART communications. Everything always worked fine until I installed parallels version 17.1.0. 

Now I have problems with the associated COM port, PSoC is detected, I can send data via UART, but I can no longer receive data.
Has anyone encountered the same problem and managed to fix it?
Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @Owon 

Could you please let me know if you are facing the issue with receiving UART data only when using Bridge Control Panel or does the issue exist with any other software terminal?  In can you have not tried using any other terminal till now you try it now and let us know.

Also, you have mentioned that "Everything always worked fine until I installed parallels version 17.1.0."
Therefore can you confirm if you are not facing any issues when using an older version of parallel or were you using any other software for transmitting and receiving using UART?

Also, kindly let us know the version of BCP and Mac OS you are using.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Owon
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello @Ekta_N,

I have the same problem with Coolterm. I installed Coolterm on both mac and windows virtual machine, on mac it works. On windows instead of receiving data I only see a loading wheel.

I was working on a project with version 17.0.1 and I didn't have any problems with UART transmission. When I installed 17.1.0, with the same project I can no longer receive data. I asked parallels support to get a previous version, but i was not given it.
Coolterm gives me "Error 31", I tried to update the COM port drivers but nothing has changed.

BCP remains in "Waiting" even when it should receive data. 

The version of the BCP is 1.22.0 and macOS Big Sur version 11.6.

Thanks

Owon

0 Likes
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hi @Owon 

Since the issue occurred when the version of parallels is updated from 17.0.1 and 17.1.0 without any change in the hardware, can you please create a ticket or get in contact with parallels technical support regarding this issue.

Best Regards
Ekta

0 Likes