Sending data through USBuart without any terminal(teraterm)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AbPa_4654881
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 10 likes given

Hi all,

I am using CY8CKIT-059 with usbuart module. On the PC side I'm using Teratem to send and receive data. teratem send a file .txt file over the uart. The code is working fine but now I want to remove the Teratem(any terminal). I want to implement it just by some piece of code. that can open a com port on PC side and send a file (.txt) from particular location in pc to cypress controller. Is there any way to implement this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

AbPa,

Maybe this is what you are looking for:

PC Terminal Program with C# Source Code

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

AbPa,

Just make a PC- side application which sends data to COM port. Use whatever programming language you know (Python, C#, Qt,...), and study any basic example sending Tx commands using UART. It is not related to PSoC programming.

/odissey1

0 Likes

BoTa, Thanks for the reply. my main concern is that is it possible with cypress psoc creator I can read a .txt file from PC directory and sent over UART (com port) to cypress controller?

0 Likes

It seems like you will have to save the text file for PSoC first.

I see 2 options:

1. use SD CARD (emFile)

2. AN93979 PSoC 3 and PSoC 5LP Implementing a USB Mass Storage Device

Regarding SD card file reading in PC

0 Likes

No, I don't believe so. Creator IDE can't do that. It only creates code for PSoC. You have to utilize some other creative programming language on the other side. Fortunately it is trivial. If you feel it's too much for you, ask someone around, this is 15 min job. Else post your request on DICE.com or similar websites.

/odissey1

0 Likes

If you're using PSoC USB module as UART, you can write a batch file for Windows console, which transfers the given text file to COM port.

Just one or two lines of command line instructions.

Regards

0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

AbPa,

Maybe this is what you are looking for:

PC Terminal Program with C# Source Code

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."