Registering HI-TECH Compiler Pro C 9.61 PL2

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Jason_Pittenger
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First reply posted First question asked

I am trying to activate my HI-TECH C PRO compiler for the PSoC Mixed-Signal Array.  I understand that Microchip bought HI-TECH. The activation methods in the software point to websites that no longer exist, and an email address that is undeliverable.  How do I activate my compiler?

I am making a change to a 2008 design due to a component going end of life.  It's not feasible to change to a new compiler, especially when we already own a copy of the complier.

Thank you,

Jason

0 Likes
1 Solution
Jason_Pittenger
Level 1
Level 1

Microchip no longer has any solution for this.   For anyone else in this situation, don't bother as they are unwilling/unable to help.

Fortunately we found an old computer that still had a registered copy of the compiler on it.  We created a VMware of the computer in order to keep using this compiler.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello @Jason_Pittenger ,

Kindly get in touch with Microchip, regarding Hi-Tech compiler. Extremely sorry for the inconvenience. 

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes
Jason_Pittenger
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for getting back to me.
I contacted Microchip for help.  Below is the response I received from them.
I will write to SW.Licensing@microchip.com for further assistance.
I'll try to remember to follow up with any response I get from that email address.

Thanks again!

-----------------------------------------------MICROCHIP'S RESPONSE---------------------------------------------------
The HI-TECH compiler products have been discontinued. Microchip no longer supports HI-TECH compiler products. The activation server has been retired for security reasons. We recommend that you migrate to MPLAB XC compilers and support is available to help in this migration. There is also a 60-day evaluation license available. For more information, please visit: www.microchip.com/mplabxc

For More details on Xc compiler licenses, please refer the below link.

https://www.microchip.com/en-us/development-tools-tools-and-software/mplab-xc-compilers

If you still need to activate HI-TECH compiler please write to SW.Licensing@microchip.com for further assistance.

0 Likes
Jason_Pittenger
Level 1
Level 1

Microchip no longer has any solution for this.   For anyone else in this situation, don't bother as they are unwilling/unable to help.

Fortunately we found an old computer that still had a registered copy of the compiler on it.  We created a VMware of the computer in order to keep using this compiler.

0 Likes