Recommended Alternative for CY8C5867LTI-LP025/028

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jon_f
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi guys,

I'm new to PSoC. Can you help me find a suitable alternative for CY8C5867LTI-LP025/028? We badly need it in production but the present shortage in chips are making this particular part hard to find. Maybe you know an alternative that doesn't deviate much in terms of internal and external (physical) specifications of the chip. 

Thanks in advance!  

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

jon_f,

Roy Liu provided a Infineon parametric chart of similar PSoC5LP devices.

I'm assuming the desired option is to find a part that is a "drop-in" replacement for your original part.  That way you don't have to redesign your PCB.

One important match is the package size and type.  The original part is a 68-pin QFN.  This should be your first filter in the parametric search.

The PSoC Creator also has a parametric search tool.

By selecting the project and then "Device Selector..."

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1623324426671.png

you get the parametric search tool.  Using the "Hide/Show Columns" you can select only the resources needed by your project.

Len_CONSULTRON_1-1623324559961.png

Then you can further filter the results to narrow down the search.  For example, if you want to match the Package to 68-QFN 

Len_CONSULTRON_3-1623324812365.png

This will significantly narrow your search criteria.

You can further narrow the search but I don't know your project resource needs.

Here is an example filtered list on the 68-QFN.

Len_CONSULTRON_4-1623325076225.png

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

The technical support platform does not know which chips are not shortage. Maybe you can contact your sales or Infineon marketing.

0 Likes
Roy_Liu
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

The other devices of the same product family(PSoC5lp) with CY8C5867LTI-LP025/028  ARM Cortex-M3 core MCU are listed here 

And as mentioned in the last post, very limited knowledge about products supplying,  but generally, PSoC6 is the most closed product, and supply status should be better than PSoC5lp currently, but both Hardware and Firmware need redesign.

Roy Liu
0 Likes
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

jon_f,

Roy Liu provided a Infineon parametric chart of similar PSoC5LP devices.

I'm assuming the desired option is to find a part that is a "drop-in" replacement for your original part.  That way you don't have to redesign your PCB.

One important match is the package size and type.  The original part is a 68-pin QFN.  This should be your first filter in the parametric search.

The PSoC Creator also has a parametric search tool.

By selecting the project and then "Device Selector..."

Len_CONSULTRON_0-1623324426671.png

you get the parametric search tool.  Using the "Hide/Show Columns" you can select only the resources needed by your project.

Len_CONSULTRON_1-1623324559961.png

Then you can further filter the results to narrow down the search.  For example, if you want to match the Package to 68-QFN 

Len_CONSULTRON_3-1623324812365.png

This will significantly narrow your search criteria.

You can further narrow the search but I don't know your project resource needs.

Here is an example filtered list on the 68-QFN.

Len_CONSULTRON_4-1623325076225.png

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
jon_f
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello everyone,

Thanks for the wonderful tips. We already found the suitable drop-in alternatives for the LP025/28 (they were even better in specs. Len's tips were especially helpful.

Warm Regards,

Jon

0 Likes