RTC Issue on CY8C568LTI-LP038

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I am having a problem with my CY8C5868LTI-LP038. The RTC does not appear to be running. 

I have a bare bone project (attached) that implements a UART and the RTC for displaying a message to the console at one second intervals. This project works fine when built and ran on the dev kit I have (CY8C5868AXI-LP035 100TQFP), but I do not see RTC_EverySecondHandler_Callback() being executed when running on my custom board implementing the CY8C5868LTI-LP038. 

I have verified that, when executing on each device, the XTAL 32kHz crystal is enabled. But again, this is the exact same project I am building just selecting a different device to execute it on... So I would expect it to be enabled. The ONLY changes I make are to change the UART_RX and UART_TX pins appropriately for console output (P49 and P48 respectively on custom board if that is of any relevance). 

The console output is working fine on both boards and is validated through the initial print prior to entering the main loop. 

Since the RTC is implemented internally and uses the internal 32kHz XTAL, I have a hard time believing it's a hardware issue with our prototype board. I have no other execution issues and have implemented several other components within the LTI-LP038 (EEPROM, I2C, SPI, Timers, ADCs, DieTemp, etc.) without issue. The only problem I am encountering is with the RTC, hence the bare bones project I created in an attempt to isolate.

Are there known issues with the RTC on the CY8C5868LTI-LP038?

Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is no internal 32kHz xtal for any PSoC.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There is no internal 32kHz xtal for any PSoC.

Bob

0 Likes