Psoc5lp chip still viable for new designs?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sjones
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

What is the future of the psoc5lp? Is it being abandoned?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

Will PSoC5LP be abandoned? Absolutely NOT! There is still significant demand and it is the primary programming interface for all of our kits.
Dennis Seguine, PSoC Applications Engineer

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee

Will PSoC5LP be abandoned? Absolutely NOT! There is still significant demand and it is the primary programming interface for all of our kits.
Dennis Seguine, PSoC Applications Engineer

0 Likes
Thank you, good to learn that. I like the creator ide and the chip has a
good mix of analog and digital functionality. My concern has been
availability. I have started using other chips because of supply. Would
you venture a rough guess when supply might get back to something
approaching normal?

Sincerely,

sjones.
0 Likes

Well, we ordered 1000 PSOC chip 6 months ago and are still yet to even receive a confirmation for our order. This has caused MAJOR disruptions to our business. The distributor prices have also increased between 200 & 300%

As much as I loved the PSOC5, there is no way I would use it in a new deign.

DennisS_46
Employee
Employee

sjones:
I can't guess on availability. You might get a better answer out of your local Infineon sales office or FAE.
My guidance is to order what you need ASAP. If you figure 52 week delivery, then wait 52 weeks to THEN order, you will be disappointed to learn that it is yet another 52 weeks. You've got to get into the queue.
---- Dennis Seguine

0 Likes

I did that with more than one distributor.

When the time for delivery came, it was pushed out an extra 25 weeks.

Your advice is meaningless.  Unlike you, we have to produce product to survive.  You are killing your customers, possibly driving some into bankruptcy.

That is a good way to kill off a part, while pretending that is not your plan.

Tried placing order for CY8C5888LTI-LP097 with Mouser. Of course backordered, with estimated 80 weeks. Appears they want to bill upfront, effectively a zero interest loan for over a year. Need the part for internal use within the company, but not going to do that. And this was a estimate, with final total prior to shipment.

0 Likes

Thing is Dennis, your official distributor for our market say Infineon refuses to even give any confirmation of even a future supply date, even after having an order in for 6 months, still not even a confirmation of some insane future date. We asked for a meeting with Infineon via our distributor and they refused. PSOC5 is unfortunately dead.

0 Likes