Psoc verify checksum command returning false

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm confused on why the verify checksum command for flashing the bootloadable application onto flash isn't working, primarily because all the row checksums are correct. After going through the source code in creator, it seems that the bootloader computes a value for the checksum of the entire application but through the process of comparing the checksum value to what is hard coded value into flash the calculated checksum is set to 0x00. I also tried just setting the bootloader to skip the application checksum and just to end the program, however the program still goes through and runs the application checksum code which halts the operation and stops the device from resetting and allowing the bootloadable application from taking control. Attached is my C# forms app for reference.

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Is it possible to attach the Creator project's too for bootloader and bootloadable

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Certainly, also after comparing the checksums with the psoc programmer it turns out the calculated checksum for the psoc flash is 0xC468 and the corresponding hex file is only 0xC466. Im not sure how this can be however because everyone of my row checksums worked out. Thanks for the quick reply.

0 Likes