Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
LucaD
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted Welcome!

Hi,

during the last 2 years we face problems in purchasing Psoc5LP, CY8C5888AXI-LP096 microcontrollers.

So we start using different part number of the same family in order to mantain our product without changing the PCBs. 

Now we are not finidng any alternatives, we use 200 pieces per year at least... (not so big number...but...)

It is not possible to find any psoc5LP anywhere... we tried all supplier broker distributor but no luck.

Do you have any hint? Moreover even other families seems to be scarce.

I would like to continue with cypress MCU because I like them, but it seems that they don't sell their product anymore... or sell just to some customer... this is very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Gautami_12
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @LucaD,

Thank you for your interest in Cypress Products. We understand your concern. As Psoc5LP, CY8C5888AXI-LP096 microcontroller is on a lot of demand from last few years there was a problem regarding chip shortage. We apologize for this issue.
We are working hard to solve this issue. You may contact the sales office for more information on the availability of the devices - https://www.cypress.com/about-us/sales-offices

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Gautami_12
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @LucaD,

Thank you for your interest in Cypress Products. We understand your concern. As Psoc5LP, CY8C5888AXI-LP096 microcontroller is on a lot of demand from last few years there was a problem regarding chip shortage. We apologize for this issue.
We are working hard to solve this issue. You may contact the sales office for more information on the availability of the devices - https://www.cypress.com/about-us/sales-offices

Warm Regards,
Gautami J

0 Likes
pacr_284376
Level 5
Level 5
100 replies posted 10 solutions authored 50 sign-ins

Same frustration and problems here, until I managed to buy 400 CY8CKITxx boards containing the processors I need so for next 2 years I'm troublefree 🙂 (except extra desoldering costs which is still way cheaper then redesign) 

0 Likes