Psoc 5 firmware upgrade

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JIJO_4811596
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is it possible to upgrade Psoc 5 with different UDB function. Any limitations regarding firmware upgrade with respect to     functional blocks like SPI, I2C?.

Could we can use FIR and IIR filter with SPI?

Thank You

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

My requirement is to take ADC data through SPI with DMA and  to apply FIR filter, I need to change  filter coefficient in running time  when needed. is that ok with Psoc 5.

Okay. For filtering the data you can use Digital Filter block in PSoC 5Lp device. Please refer the following collateral.

PSoC 5LP – 16 Bit and 24 Bit Digital Filter Code Examples - Hackster.io

Second thing, Is that generated .hex file is enough for the firmware upgradation of Psoc or any other file is needed to create I2C, SPI functional block?

For bootloading or firmware upgrade in PSoC 5LP devices, you need .cyacd file of the application. This file will be automatically created when you introduce the Bootloadable component in your application.

Please refer the following application note for understanding more about Bootloaders.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an73854-psoc-introduction-bootloaders

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Could you please elaborate more on your requirements?

Is it possible to upgrade PSoC 5 with different UDB function.

Do you mean using custom protocol for firmware upgrade?

Any limitations regarding firmware upgrade with respect to functional blocks like SPI, I2C?

There are no special limitations for Bootloader. All the features and limitations of SPI and I2C will be applied.

Could we can use FIR and IIR filter with SPI?

Can you please elaborate what is the need for filter? Do you want to filter the data that is coming in or going out?

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Hi,

My requirement is to take ADC data through SPI with DMA and  to apply FIR filter, I need to change  filter coefficient in running time  when needed. is that ok with Psoc 5.

Second thing, Is that generated .hex file is enough for the firmware upgradation of Psoc or any other file is needed to create I2C, SPI functional block?

Thank you

0 Likes

Hi,

Okay. For filtering the data you can use Digital Filter block in PSoC 5Lp device. Please refer the following collateral.

PSoC 5LP – 16 Bit and 24 Bit Digital Filter Code Examples - Hackster.io

For bootloading or firmware upgrade in PSoC 5LP devices, you need .cyacd file of the application. This file will be automatically created when you introduce the Bootloadable component in your application.

Please refer the following application note for understanding more about Bootloaders.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/application-notes/an73854-psoc-introduction-bootloaders

Thanks

Ganesh

0 Likes

Thank you

0 Likes