Project failed to build. The command 'mkdepend' failed with exit code '1'.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
AnCo_2887981
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Hi All,

IDE: PSoC Creator 4.1

CPU: PSoC 5

I tried to build a project using PSoC Creator 4.1 but it fails the build with the following error:

arm-none-eabi-as.exe -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -I. -IGenerated_Source\PSoC5 -alh=.\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Debug/CyBootAsmGnu.lst -g -o .\CortexM3\ARM_GCC_541\Debug\CyBootAsmGnu.o Generated_Source\PSoC5\CyBootAsmGnu.s

mkdepend: error:  unknown opt = -

The command 'mkdepend' failed with exit code '1'.

When I share the project with my colleges, they have no problems building it. I can load a sample project and build them.

I've tried reinstalling PSoC Creator, removing any old projects, and generally trying to get my computer back to square one when it was working.

Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnCo_2887981
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I found the solution.

It seems PSoC Creator has a problem with single quotes ' in path names. Lo and behold, I has a single quote in my path name. Changed the name and, presto, problem solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnCo_2887981
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

I found the solution.

It seems PSoC Creator has a problem with single quotes ' in path names. Lo and behold, I has a single quote in my path name. Changed the name and, presto, problem solved.