Port Acquire Error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I am having a port acquire error with my MiniProg 3 with the error message

dbg.M0039: There was an error running port acquire. There may be no devices attached, or a device may be in use by another application.

There was an error attempting to run the port acquire command. This is often a result of no supported devices being attached, or a device being used by another application. Ensure that everything is properly connected, and that no other application is using the device and try again

Any pointers for a solution to this.... ?

0 Likes
9 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

There are several possible reasons for that. If this worked before, a re-boot of your system would be a first try. If it didn't work before I would check (change) the cables and the settings.

Miniprog 3? Did you connect and set parameters correctly for SWD (Tools->Options->Programming/Debug->Miniprog3)

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most often this happens if your device is not powered and connectivity issues. Please check your power supply and cables. Also make sure that no other application(like USB-I2C bridge) does not use Miniprog3.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too have faced this a number of times.As U2 said,it could be that another application is using it.

But the solution that works best for me is to open a new instance of PSoC Programmer,and program the hex file using that,given that all connections are okay.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes,I know that both use the same underlying code,Creator uses its COM object,but still...Programmer has yet to fail me when Creator has.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Potential solution.

I've realised that whenever i try to program the PSoC chip on the development board without my target board  powerer(i.e. my robot being controlled) i register this problem and whenever i switch the power on to my target application the port acquire executes successful.

Thanks for the efforts. Everything is working well now and i'm not having any problems now

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Device not being powered was the root cause for the Port Acquire failure.

Note that you can power the PSoC Device using Miniprog3, but if there are other high current consuming components on your robot which share the supply voltage with PSoC, using this as a supply is not advisable.

0 Likes
BR_4110771
Level 1
Level 1
Welcome! First question asked First reply posted

I have two boards CYBLE-416045-2. They both were reprogrammed multiple time. Suddenly, one board started having this issue, the second one does not. I blamed myself that I was doing something wrong. I bought a few more boards and now I have 3 boards with the same issue: apparently something is withing the board. Please advise: the issue is becoming quite repetitive.

Thanks

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Check for 2 things.

1) is the board in Mass Storage mode, indicated by the LED blinking on the KitProg2 breakoff board?

2) is the driver working?  Close all Cypress applications and see if the KitProg2 is recognized by starting PSOC Programmer and looking in the Port Selection window.  PSoC Programmer will also allow you to update your KitProg2 to its latest firmware release.

pastedImage_0.png

I've attached the KitProg2 User Guide for reference

0 Likes

By plugging to the same USB within the same app I don't have this issue

i.e. only some boards are doing that.

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 10:02 AM CoreyW_81 <community-manager@cypress.com>

0 Likes