PSoc Programmer - Verify checksum always off by 0x01

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
user220425
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi everyone,

currently, we are using the PSoC Programmer to program PSoC 5 on different PCBs.

The complete handling (PSoC Creator, Programming, Debugging) is working completely fine for me. The only "bug" that I get is, whenever I want to verify that the programming is correct, the checksum is off by 0x01 between the HEX file and the PSoC.

PSoC Programmer 3.29.0

Flash is protected, using customized bootloader.

Does anyone have an idea at what to look at?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

HI @user220425 ,

Can you please let me know if you are performing any flash write operations in your firmware? In which case you will be modifying the flash and hence the readback will have a mismatch in the checksum.

Warm Regards
Alen

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AlenAn14

Hi @user220425 ,

Can you please let me know if you are doing a read back using PSoC Programmer from the device and comparing the same with the original hex file ? And when you do so , you see the checksum difference by 0x01?

Can you also please let me know the MPN of the PSoC 5 device  you are trying to program?

If possible can you share the difference hex files or share a screenshot of the observed difference ?

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes

Hi Alen,

thanks for the quick reply.

Your assumption is correct: Reading from the device using the PSoC Programmer and comparing it to the original HEX file.

MPN is CY8C5468AXI-LP042

Screenshot can I provide tomorrow, I don't have the hardware by hand.

Best regards,

Stephan

0 Likes
AlenAn14

Hi @user220425 ,

I tried a simple test but on a CY8C5868AXI-LP035 device where I programmed the same and then did a read back using PSoC Programmer and found that the read back hex file was identical to the one I programmed except for the meta data section in the hex file which is not programmed.

Sure Stephan, you can share the screenshot of the comparison difference tomorrow as this will give more clarity for this issue.
Can you also try an additional test of programming the device with any simple firmware like blinking an LED etc, and then doing the readback and compare. Just to check if the errors you are observing are not firmware dependent , as in the differences in checksum are not appearing in the same line as the other project.

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi Alen,

for a basic project (HelloWorld_Blinky01) the checksum of PSoC Flash and HEX file are the same. Therefore, the problem is firmware dependent. For completeness, please find the screenshot of the PSoC programmer with differing checksums.

Best regards,

Stephan

0 Likes
AlenAn14

HI @user220425 ,

Can you please let me know if you are performing any flash write operations in your firmware? In which case you will be modifying the flash and hence the readback will have a mismatch in the checksum.

Warm Regards
Alen

0 Likes