PSoC5LP Buy Online Links point to PSoC4 Kits

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Please correct product availability links that point to kits rather than products.

I like the option Infineon has to "Buy Online". This is a quick way to see if there's some initial stock available to prototype a design and possibly start low rate initial production.

In one specific instance, the available stock for a chip points to unrelated kits. I'm guessing this is a glitch that occurred with the transition from Cypress.com to Infineon.com. Reference the links found for CY8C5868LTI-LP039 @ https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/legacy-microcontroller/legacy-8-bit-16-bit-m... which currently points to PSoC 4 based kits at each of the distributors.

Reference: Low Availability of PSoC5 ICs . 

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution

Alen,

The availability of the PSoC 5 components on those kits could help those desperate for obtaining any PSoC 5 chips if they have the ability to de-solder and re-use them.

The PSoC 5 chips, while soldered on those kits have limited access. They're dedicated for USB to serial functionality to download and debug.

I'm not opposed to identifying kits with a PSoC 5 on them. I recommend adding some note informing customers that PSoC 5 on those kits are NOT the intended target for evaluation and may not provide pin access or customer reprogramming while soldered on the kit.

Thanks for considering my opinion.

Greg 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @GrCa_1363456 ,

Thank you for pointing this out. I will check on this internally and raise a ticket with the internal team if appropriate.

Regards
Alen

0 Likes
AlenAn14
500 replies posted 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @GrCa_1363456 ,

I checked this in more detail and I think you misunderstood the reason for the PSoC 4 boards that has been displayed in the 'Boards' section of the same because the CY8C5868LTI-LP039 device is used as KitProg in the PSoC 4 and PSoC 6 Development kits and hence these kits will show up as reference boards for this device since these boards make use of CY8C5868LTI-LP039 device.

AlenAn14_0-1641367003967.png

Please provide your thoughts on the same.

Regards
Alen

0 Likes

Alen,

The availability of the PSoC 5 components on those kits could help those desperate for obtaining any PSoC 5 chips if they have the ability to de-solder and re-use them.

The PSoC 5 chips, while soldered on those kits have limited access. They're dedicated for USB to serial functionality to download and debug.

I'm not opposed to identifying kits with a PSoC 5 on them. I recommend adding some note informing customers that PSoC 5 on those kits are NOT the intended target for evaluation and may not provide pin access or customer reprogramming while soldered on the kit.

Thanks for considering my opinion.

Greg 

0 Likes