PSoC5, emWIn and SSD1305

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Bobby_tables
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I'm working on a project with a PSoC5 where we have an Oled display with a SSD1305 controller. We have a custom driver for this which was working on another MCU, but I was able to import it using the GraphicLCDIntf component.  During this I stumbled across emWin. I wanted to give it a try since it offers advantages concerning fonts and languages. The SSD1305 is listed under SPage driver due to the emWin documentation. But this driver is not supported for PSoC5 (https://www.cypress.com/products/emwin-graphics-library-and-gui-psoc), only for PSoC6. I tried the flexcolor driver, but text isn't displayed properly.

Do you see a chance to get this working with PSoC5? Maybe using the GraphicLCDCtrl custom driver somehow? I would guess this driver is based upon the emWin driver template, isn't it?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @Bobby_tables ,

Yes you are right. SSD1305 is supported as part of GUIDRV_SPage driver template but it not available as part of EmWin package we offer for PSoC5. 

You will need to make use of GUIDRV_Control driver template available in this path: "emWinGraphics_v5_46\Code\Source\PSoC4_5\Control"

This is based on the GUIDRV_Template mentioned in the EmWin User Guide, but note that we have implemented the routines already for you. Please check if the implementation of these routines are in accordance with how the display expects it. Else, you can modify the code to make it compatible. Usually, the functions that will require modifications are the _SetPixelIndex and _GetPixelIndex.

Unfortunately, we do not have any example for this particular display driver that I can provide. I have attached a sample project that uses FlexColor Driver for PSoC5. You can use this as a reference if it helps.

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello @Bobby_tables ,

Yes you are right. SSD1305 is supported as part of GUIDRV_SPage driver template but it not available as part of EmWin package we offer for PSoC5. 

You will need to make use of GUIDRV_Control driver template available in this path: "emWinGraphics_v5_46\Code\Source\PSoC4_5\Control"

This is based on the GUIDRV_Template mentioned in the EmWin User Guide, but note that we have implemented the routines already for you. Please check if the implementation of these routines are in accordance with how the display expects it. Else, you can modify the code to make it compatible. Usually, the functions that will require modifications are the _SetPixelIndex and _GetPixelIndex.

Unfortunately, we do not have any example for this particular display driver that I can provide. I have attached a sample project that uses FlexColor Driver for PSoC5. You can use this as a reference if it helps.

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes
Bobby_tables
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Okay, thank you for your answer.

0 Likes