PSoC1 need IDAC

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Tim
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

I have part number CY8C20234 which is a PSoC 1.  I need to use an IDAC.  Is there a way to re-purpose something in Capsense or elsewhere or any way to make an IDAC?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello @Tim,

I have not re-purposed the IDAC in CapSense to make a stand-alone IDAC. However, I suggest that you try by configuring the minimum necessary CapSense registers to make the IDAC functional through the analog bus. Kindly refer to the PSoC CY8C20x34 PSoC CY8C20x24 Technical Reference Manual, CS_CR2 register on page 78. Connect a GPIO to the analog bus, and a suitable resistor externally to ground. Kindly note that I have not tried this on a CY8C20x34 board, and I am only suggesting you the steps you might try to get the IDAC functional.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello @Tim,

I have not re-purposed the IDAC in CapSense to make a stand-alone IDAC. However, I suggest that you try by configuring the minimum necessary CapSense registers to make the IDAC functional through the analog bus. Kindly refer to the PSoC CY8C20x34 PSoC CY8C20x24 Technical Reference Manual, CS_CR2 register on page 78. Connect a GPIO to the analog bus, and a suitable resistor externally to ground. Kindly note that I have not tried this on a CY8C20x34 board, and I am only suggesting you the steps you might try to get the IDAC functional.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes
DennisS_46
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 50 likes received 50 solutions authored

My friend Sampath is right on the money. If you want to source current, use a pull-down resistor; if you want to sink current, use a pull-up. When sourcing, the output is valid from 0 to Vdd-1.0V. I did the early testing on this chip, it will work nicely.

---- Dennis

0 Likes