Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 5, 3 & 1 Forum Discussions

SuomyNonaPatri
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins
Level 1

It seems to me that my timer interrupt does not work correctly. Problem is that counter inside interrupt function increments only once. Here is my code from main and timer settings.

#include <m8c.h>
#include "PSoCAPI.h"
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

char theStr[] = "PSoC LCD";
static char tmp[3];
static int counter = 0;

void main(void){

LCD_Start();
    LCD_Position(0,5);
    LCD_PrString(theStr);
    M8C_EnableGInt;
    Timer8_EnableInt();
    Timer8_Start();
    while (1);
}

#pragma interrupt_handler myTimerInt
void myTimerInt(void){
    counter ++;
    LCD_Position(1,0);
    itoa(tmp, counter, 10);
    LCD_PrString(tmp);
}
0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
Moderator 250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello @SuomyNonaPatri ,

Your code is correct for most part, except for calling functions from inside the ISR. PSoC1 has a very small stack, and it is not recommended to call functions from inside an ISR. Moving lines 2 to 4 to the main loop would solve the issue. You can use an additional variable for a flag indicating that myTimerInt has been invoked.

I request you to refer to PSoC1 Interrupts, section "Tips and Tricks" / "Avoiding function calls in the ISR" on page 18.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SampathS_11
Moderator 250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello @SuomyNonaPatri ,

Your code is correct for most part, except for calling functions from inside the ISR. PSoC1 has a very small stack, and it is not recommended to call functions from inside an ISR. Moving lines 2 to 4 to the main loop would solve the issue. You can use an additional variable for a flag indicating that myTimerInt has been invoked.

I request you to refer to PSoC1 Interrupts, section "Tips and Tricks" / "Avoiding function calls in the ISR" on page 18.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes