PSoC lp5 (CY8CKIT-059 PSoC® 5LP) Sending midi signals over bluetooth

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Visjongen
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello People,

I'm a new user of the PSoC platform and i have some questions about it. I have been working on a code that is able to send MIDI signals from 1 PSoC to another PSoC using bluetooth. ( Bluetooth is working fine no problems with that so far, i'm using hc-05 modules for who is wondering ). Anyway i have been trying to send MIDI signals over the UART of the psoc now the problem is that the UART can only send 1 byte a time while MIDI is a bit longer than 1 byte. Now i'm not quite sure on how to receive a signal correctly without losing data and on how to make the UART on the receiving side know that 1 MIDI signal ( which is 3 bytes ) has been received so it can get ready for the next MIDI signal. I have tried making a buffer on the receiving side to store the data in but it's not working as i wanted it to, so i would like some information or tricks on how to overcome this problem. 

greetings me,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

me,

The PSoC5 UART component has a 4-byte FIFO.  Theoretically, you should be able to received the 3-byte MIDI data and load the UART FIFO with these 3-bytes all at one time.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

me,

The PSoC5 UART component has a 4-byte FIFO.  Theoretically, you should be able to received the 3-byte MIDI data and load the UART FIFO with these 3-bytes all at one time.

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."