Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
peb0219
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First like received First reply posted

I keep getting this error when I connect my MiniProg3

peb0219_0-1694633826280.png

I've tried re-installing the program, drivers but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I found my issue. I had the device I was trying to program and the MiniProg3 programmer plugged into a 4 port Tripp-Lite hub which was connected to my laptop USB port. Apparently that port was not enough to power the two devices. When I switched the programmer to my docking station USB port, everything worked as expected.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @peb0219 

Please check your device manager. MiniProg3 should be enumerated as shown.

LeoMathews_0-1694664963729.jpeg

Could you please try the following steps to update MiniProg3 driver if it is not enumerated as shown in the above image.

1. If MiniProg3 is not getting enumerated then it will be listed in the 'Other Devices' tab in Device Manager. If that is the case right click on MiniProg3 and uninstall driver software.

2. After uninstallation is complete, right click on MiniProg3 again and click on Update Driver Software.

3. Select 'Browse my computer for driver software' and then 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

4. Click 'Next' and then click 'Have Disk'.

5. Browse and select - C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\drivers\mprog3\mprog3.inf

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes
MotooTanaka
Level 9
Level 9
Distributor - Marubun (Japan)
First comment on blog Beta tester First comment on KBA

Hi,

Have you tried "Upgrade Firmware" in the "Utilities" tab of "PSoC Programmer"?

moto

0 Likes

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I found my issue. I had the device I was trying to program and the MiniProg3 programmer plugged into a 4 port Tripp-Lite hub which was connected to my laptop USB port. Apparently that port was not enough to power the two devices. When I switched the programmer to my docking station USB port, everything worked as expected.

LeoMathews
First question asked 500 replies posted 100 solutions authored

Hi @peb0219 

Glad your query is resolved. Please let us know if you have any more queries.

Thanks and Regards,
Leo

0 Likes