PSoC Creator does not support using it at this time?!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dari_292216
Level 2
Level 2
First like received First like given
        I have been working just fine with the CY8CKIT-050 5LP and this morning, all of a sudden, I get: "This device was recognized but PSoC Creator does not support using it at this time" The device is listed as "Cortex-M3" wtih an exclamation mark next to it. Tried connecting and disconnecting USB... Rebooting the PC.... Same message. What's wrong? Any ideas? Thanks...   
0 Likes
11 Replies
dari_292216
Level 2
Level 2
        And the "info" box when placed on top of the "Cortex-M3" target says "this device is already in used by another client"... and yet, this happens when rebooting the PC and starting PSoC creator.   
0 Likes
dari_292216
Level 2
Level 2
        Powering off the device itself finally helped....   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        Very strange message it is, I never saw that even if I'm using the ES chip of PSoC5 jsut now.   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
        I am new to this PSOC development and just trying to get started tonight. I am getting this same message. Was there ever any resolution to this problem? Thanks!   
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

The message means that another application has opened the debug interface. It often happens when the device has been put into debug/program mode and wasn't properly reset (because the application crashed or was killed or something) just reset the board and restart PSOC Programmer / Creator.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am getting the same error infact I am getting this in two of my programmers.

What can be the possible causes for it?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

CY8C3866AXI-206 device also not included in the device selection list and creator giving same error.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

I am using Creator 4.0 SP1 and the CY8C3866AXI-206 is in the supported device list. Can it be you need an update?

Bob

0 Likes
alcrc_4129711
Level 1
Level 1
First like received

Normalmente esto pasa cuando intentas programar tu PSoC por primera vez, solo tienes que asegurarte de tener actualizado PSoC Programer.(Puedes hacer que se actualice automaticamente dando clic en opciones, dentro de PSoC programer)

JoBr_1593366
Level 5
Level 5
100 sign-ins 50 questions asked 100 replies posted

In case I find this again in the future: wiggling the programming cable fixed it

0 Likes
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

I have seen this problem.  Usually after an electrical problem (High Voltage on PSOC inputs) broke the PSOC 5.  The MCU was barely functional, and was seen.

Other things that caused this problem are programmer issues.  (see JoBr post).

Finally, rebooting Windows and the PSOC would sometimes fix this.  Windows .NET breaks upon occasion and will no longer operate correctly.  A reboot of the OS (and usually also the PSOC) will fix this.  The universal fix for Windows (From 95 on to Windows 10) is to reboot the OS when strange things occur.

0 Likes