PSoC 5LP : Graphics - What libraries can be used to generate graphs?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'd like to generate an image (like the one attached). Ideally the image could be displayed and saved (in some standard format , tiff/jpeg/bmp..). I see there is a library called emWin. Does anyone have any experience with emWin? Is it possible to display and save using emWin? Are there any other options for graphing data? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Imho this is a job for a processor running an OS like the Raspberry PI. The PSoC is able to collect, condition, process and deliver the data to the PI which is able using Linux standard libraries to generate and display the required files in the wanted format.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Imho this is a job for a processor running an OS like the Raspberry PI. The PSoC is able to collect, condition, process and deliver the data to the PI which is able using Linux standard libraries to generate and display the required files in the wanted format.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Bob, I need to come up with some options using PSoC but thanks for confirming what I thought might be the case. Will try to use emWin to generate a graph for evaluation. Thanks.

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Evan D,

It will take ~10k lines of code to produce 3D graph like the one you attached. It will take infinite time to execute and not worth coding from scratch. Bob Marlowe is right: same task can be routinely done by many software packages on PC (see TeeChart for example) or a tablet, but not on PSoC.      

0 Likes