PSoC 1 Evaluation Kit includes obsolete devices? Alternatives for SC circuits?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have a PSOC 1 CY3210-PSoCEval1 Evaluation Kit. This kit includes CY8C29466-24PXI and CY8C27443-24PXI device samples. When looking for information to compare these devices I found that Mouser lists both of these devices as obsolete. There is a more recent version of this kit, but it uses the same devices.  Is Cypress phasing out PSOC 1? Are there non-obsolete alternative devices that work with this kit? My applications require the versatility of the switched capacitor blocks available in PSoC 1 and which do not appear to be available in the other, more modern, PSoC devices. Those devices have programmable analog blocks that may offer better analog modules, but they do not appear to be as versatile for non-standard switched capacitor circuit development as PSoC 1 devices. Please advise. Cheers! -Matt

0 Likes
3 Replies
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello Matthew,

PSoC1 is not obsolete as of now. Introducing new devices has been stopped. Some package options may be obsolete, mostly non-ROHS packages. You can still purchase many PSoC1 devices.

I also suggest you take a look at our PSoC Analog Co-Processor, which has SC blocks similar to PSoC1.

Thanks,

Sampath

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Sampath,

Yes, I did look at the Analog Co-Processor, but the UAB blocks that are the modern equivalent of the PSoC 1 SCBLOCK are not yet available to the public in Creator. I learned from the PSoC 4 forum that they are planned for release.

Since the PSoC 1 devices that fit in the PSoC 1 evaluation kit that is presently available are no longer available, it would be nice if the information was provided as to suitable alternatives e.g. surface mount equivalents and adapter boards to fit in the DIP sockets.

Cheers!

-Matt

0 Likes

Adapters can be found in Sparkfun. These adaptors can be used with SOIC / SSOP 28 pin parts to mount on the 28 pin DIP socket on CY3210 Evaluation Kit.

SparkFun SOIC to DIP Adapter - 28-Pin

SparkFun SSOP to DIP Adapter - 28-Pin

0 Likes