PSOC5LP with 0-3.3V triaxial accelerometer / 3rd Order low pass filter/ SPI ESP32 Wifi data transmission

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jadkh
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hello Infineon community!

I finally received my CY8CKIT-059 PSOC5LP. I am a total beginner working with it but I'm looking forward to doing my project with it. 

Accelerometer 832M1-0500:  Supply: 3.3V Sensitivity@80Hz(mV/g)  (X-Y-Z): 3.081-2.534-2.7 Bias Voltage(X-Y-Z): 1.636 1.628 1.659

I'm willing to use the SAR ADC with 12-bit resolution to sample the analog output (60KSPS/channel) of the 3 axes of the Accelerometer. Before the input, I have to filter the signal before with -30dB attenuation at half the sampling frequency.

Can I achieve simultaneous sampling for the 3 axes with the S/H? If not I have to have a minimum sampling of 180KSPS and divide it into 3 to achieve 60KSPS. 

Then, I need to transfer the data of the Accelerometer to an ESP32 with SPI then transmit it wirelessly (UDP) (I think this will be another topic) 

So I have multiple beginner questions. (I think I will receive some replies that I need to read the datasheet😅)

1) Can I use a power bank to power the PSOC using 5V USB? What about the Vref of the ADC (VDDA VSSA etc.) can they be powered internally? If my application is to be battery powered, do you advise me to use a battery instead of the USB powering?

2) Which ADC SAR inputs (pins) do you advise me to use? Can I use the kitprog's and work only with it? Or do I have to involve the target? 

3) I have no idea about how can I filter internally the input. Can you give me some insights? 

4) In the screenshot, I need to check if I forgot something, and ask you what should I put as configuration for the ADC if I power the MCU with USB. Vssa to Vdda? 

The SPI connection and filtering are my next steps, just when I'm sure I'm on the right track

I am sorry for the beginner questions but I'm still learning so I rushed to post a thread to receive advice from experienced people in the field. Feel free to reply even if just to tell me go work on your datasheets or other constructive remarks😂

Thank you, People!

Jad

0 Likes
17 Replies