PSOC5 and USB-C

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ErPa_3001431
Level 2
Level 2
5 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Are there any compatibility issues using a UBS-C connector with a PSoC5?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Marshal_Zhang
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 sign-ins

PSOC5 only supports USB-FS. Requires Dm and DP .

If it is a Type C Receptacle.

You need to connect A6 and B7 together and connect Dp; and connect A7 and B6 together and connect Dm.

Both CC1(A5) and CC2(B8) must pull down the 5.1K resistor to ground. CC1(A5) and CC2(B8) are forbidden to connect.

If it is a Type C Plug.

You need to connect A6 to Dp; and A7 to Dm.

CC(A5) pulls down the 5.1K resistor to ground. CC(A5) and Vconn(B8) are forbidden to connect.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

hello @ErPa_3001431 

PSoC 5LP is a full speed device (does not support USB Host configuration) and supports only D+, D- ,VBUS GND lines only. Even after connecting a type-C connector PSoC 5LP will remain a Full Speed device and support a gross data rate of 12 Mbit/s.

Could you please let me know why is it required to connect a type -C connector?

At present we do not have any implementation where we have connected a PSoC 5LP device with a type -C connector. However, we have the PSoC 6 (which also supports Full speed ) WiFi-BT Pioneer kit which uses a USB type -C connector. You can have a look at the kit schematics to know how the connections are made. However, I am not very sure if this would work for PSoC 5LP as well as this is not tested at our end.

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes
ErPa_3001431
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Ekta,

Thank you for your response. We are using a USB-C, just to use the latest. It is on an existing design that used a USB-B and we wanted to update. We never built the existing design, so I can try and modify a CY8CKIT-059 and test, to verify functionality.

Best Regards,

Eric

0 Likes
Marshal_Zhang
Level 4
Level 4

PSOC5 only supports USB-FS. Requires Dm and DP .

If it is a Type C Receptacle.

You need to connect A6 and B7 together and connect Dp; and connect A7 and B6 together and connect Dm.

Both CC1(A5) and CC2(B8) must pull down the 5.1K resistor to ground. CC1(A5) and CC2(B8) are forbidden to connect.

If it is a Type C Plug.

You need to connect A6 to Dp; and A7 to Dm.

CC(A5) pulls down the 5.1K resistor to ground. CC(A5) and Vconn(B8) are forbidden to connect.

0 Likes
ErPa_3001431
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for your response. I believe that you meant B5 instead of B8 for CC2.

0 Likes
Marshal_Zhang
Level 4
Level 4

No, CC2 is B8.USB-C.png

ErPa_3001431
Level 2
Level 2

Yes, you are correct, thanks.