Announcements

Ever wondered how you could shape the future in collaboration with others? Join us at OktoberTech Asia Pacific and get inspired. Click here to sign up FREE of charge.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

PSoC™ 5, 3 & 1 Forum Discussions

Vladkar
Level 1
First reply posted 5 sign-ins First question asked
Level 1

Hi,

I am using PSOC5 LP in my design and have USB interface with external Windows based application.

Is it possible to use Python script to access to PSOC resourcing (GPIO/I2C/UART) by Python script?

Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
Level 9

I believe you should use other modules like IOIO for direct access to the pins using external software. With PSoC you have to develop the entire firmware and software yourself. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rakshith
Moderator 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted 500 replies posted

Hi @Vladkar

Can you please let us know if you are referring to the KitProg USB interface or the PSoC 5LP target's USB itself?

I believe for UART you can use the serial python module. If it is the KitProg interface, you could use the examples in this directory as a reference - 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress\Programmer\Examples\Protocols\I2C

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
Vladkar
Level 1
First reply posted 5 sign-ins First question asked
Level 1

I am referring to PSoC 5LP target's USB itself.

Thanks

Vladimir

0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted
Level 9

I believe you should use other modules like IOIO for direct access to the pins using external software. With PSoC you have to develop the entire firmware and software yourself. 

0 Likes