PSOC3. GPIO interface

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I want to connect ro PSOC3 chip my proprietary design. From bandwidth point of view I need not less than 12 Mbps.

The architecture represent in attached file "System_architecture"

What could you recommend for me?

Thank you

Berlin Stas

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

A PSoC3 is a bit slow compared to an 80MHz PSoC5 chip. Fastest interface will be SPI  with up to 33Mbitps.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

So in PSoc3 I can "build" SPI interface with 33Mbitps? This is enough for me if we are taking into account that  90% transaction is from proprietary board toward PSoc. If I understand right SPI interface we are building using UDB?

Thank you

Stas

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I wasn't talking about PSoC3, but PSoC5. I would suggest you to start a Creator 3.3 project and place the needed interfaces onto the topdesign: SPI interface and an USBUART.

You may use a CY8CKIT-059 for programming and debugging your project.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I choose PSOC3 mainly for implementing iAP2 protocol. I presume I can implement it in PsoC5 as well. Currently we purchased EVB CY8CKIT-033A based on PSOC3. From yours opinion could we elaborate our solution on this EVB (even with less SPI bandwidth).

Thank you

Stas

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

The interrupt response time of the PSoC5 is a bit better than for a PSoC3, I cannot tell whether your project will run flawlessly on any platform. Despite the different endianess it is not difficult to switch at a later stage from PSoc 3 to 5.

Bob

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

From my understanding MFi protocol can run on PSOC5. Please confirm

Thank you

Stas

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10

I am just a poor developer and I am not able to confirm that a special protocol wil run on a special hardware. Estimate and check for yourself. A PSoC5 Prototyping Kit is available at your local distri for just ten bucks.

Bob

0 Likes