PSOC Creator glitch - template projects

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
greg79
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

I have added a currently used project as a template with 'Set As Active Project' and then 'Copy To My Templates'. Regardless when I try to open a new project from the template, I don't see my project on the list of templates. When I try to create a new template from the same project, P. Creator warns me the template is already saved. 

I have also tried to restart P. Creator and create a new project or add a new project (while in a workspace). Either way, the template never appears. What's the solution for this issue? The picture: there should be another template on the list.

NOTE: I have tried to save another project as template and it appeared on the list straight away. Is there a rule for templates? What am I missing here?

template.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @greg79 

By default all the template projects will be located in the following directory : <user>\Documents\PSoC Creator\My Templates

Can you go to the above directory and see if you could find your template project there?

Also note that when copying a project to the My Templates location, any relative project dependencies will need to be updated when a new project is created from it. Any referenced files outside of the project's cydsn directory will not be included in the new My Template project. Kindly check if this is the case with your current project.

In PSoC Creator, you can also go to Help > PSoC Creator Help topics and search for My Templates to get more information on this.

Best Regards
Ekta

Templates

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello @greg79 

By default all the template projects will be located in the following directory : <user>\Documents\PSoC Creator\My Templates

Can you go to the above directory and see if you could find your template project there?

Also note that when copying a project to the My Templates location, any relative project dependencies will need to be updated when a new project is created from it. Any referenced files outside of the project's cydsn directory will not be included in the new My Template project. Kindly check if this is the case with your current project.

In PSoC Creator, you can also go to Help > PSoC Creator Help topics and search for My Templates to get more information on this.

Best Regards
Ekta

Templates

0 Likes
greg79
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Silly me, it does have dependencies! Thank you for clarifying this for me. 

0 Likes