Announcements

Help us improve the Power & Sensing Selection Guide. Share feedback

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
bwiese
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi!

I've grown an inherited mess into a now now-useful application running on PSOC 5LP (CY8C5868AXU-035), using PSOC Creator 4.4.

We burn our board FW using  KitProg 'dongles' connected to the SWD port + PSocProgrammer v3.29.5 - so far so good.

But we will need to make this a UART bootloaded app, with UART bootloader, for the 'real world'. 

[info: currently..  C code: ~49K flash/13K RAM; 
                                        296K .cyfit file / 7.5K  config.hex
                                        650K project hex file;
                                        future: RAM use will decrease a bit, C flash code will grow maybe 5-10 K]

1.   I have documents on bootload and broad understanding,  but where is link to ZIP file sources? 
       Found some old dead Cypress links, or links to irrelevant PSOC4 or 6 platforms...  
       Do please direct me to current valid PSOC5  code working on PSOC Creator 4.4  so I can begin to
       play with it without pulling my hair using wrong/stale stuff, errors etc.

2.   Where is the downloadable PC host app?   Ideally I would like some command line C code to
       download/burn .HEX file - small possibility exists this code might be wrangled onto an Android
       platform some future time.   

3.  Approx expected time from FW burn thru reset into acutal app (not counting 2 sec delay) for a
      650K Hex project file @ 115Kbps-8N1 serial rate? 

At first glance it seems easiest to me to use exactly the same "soft hardware" from our FW app to build the
bootloader  (which has fixed 115Kbps UART used for logging/configuration etc.)   so that there is no "discontinuity" between the entities  (other than "bootload" vs "bootloadable" distinction).

Any other guidance/tips welcome. 

Thanks,
Bill

0 Likes
1 Solution
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

I think this is the "ZIP" you're looking for.  AN68272
Solved: Re: Does anybody have Source Code for a C# Project... - Infineon Developer Community
If not,  can you be more specific about what the zip file contains that your are requesting.

There is no source code available for the Creator Bootloader Host tool.  A stand alone version of it can be found here:
https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-Creator-Designer/Standalone-bootloader-host-download/td-p/659...

You can create a custom Host Bootloader tool using the API's in the zip file above.  You'll find them in the /UART Bootloader Host/UART_Bootloader_Host.cydsn.  These are .c and .h files as listed in Appendix D.
You can also find these API's in Creator:
<install folder> \ PSoC Creator \ <PSoC Creator Version> \ PSoC Creator \ cybootloaderutils

You can also search github for a couple of PSoC Bootloader Host implementations.

HID Bootloader AN73503, section 5, contains more info to create a PC based Host Bootloader tool.  There were issues with creating the dll's (as covered in the first link above).

Duration from burn-to-boot... can't say I've downloaded a 650k file.  So I don't know.  For production purposes, it's faster to use SWD.  The bootloadable hex file contains both the bootloader and bootloadable images.  So only one programming step is needed (using PSoC Programmer).  You could also use PPcli/swd, but it is much slower than PSoC Programmer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
BiBi_1928986
Level 7
Level 7
First comment on blog 500 replies posted 250 replies posted

Hello.

I think this is the "ZIP" you're looking for.  AN68272
Solved: Re: Does anybody have Source Code for a C# Project... - Infineon Developer Community
If not,  can you be more specific about what the zip file contains that your are requesting.

There is no source code available for the Creator Bootloader Host tool.  A stand alone version of it can be found here:
https://community.infineon.com/t5/PSoC-Creator-Designer/Standalone-bootloader-host-download/td-p/659...

You can create a custom Host Bootloader tool using the API's in the zip file above.  You'll find them in the /UART Bootloader Host/UART_Bootloader_Host.cydsn.  These are .c and .h files as listed in Appendix D.
You can also find these API's in Creator:
<install folder> \ PSoC Creator \ <PSoC Creator Version> \ PSoC Creator \ cybootloaderutils

You can also search github for a couple of PSoC Bootloader Host implementations.

HID Bootloader AN73503, section 5, contains more info to create a PC based Host Bootloader tool.  There were issues with creating the dll's (as covered in the first link above).

Duration from burn-to-boot... can't say I've downloaded a 650k file.  So I don't know.  For production purposes, it's faster to use SWD.  The bootloadable hex file contains both the bootloader and bootloadable images.  So only one programming step is needed (using PSoC Programmer).  You could also use PPcli/swd, but it is much slower than PSoC Programmer.

0 Likes