PSOC 5 UART bootloader protocol

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
widget
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I am working with a CY8C5868AXI-LP032 and need to implement a UART bootloader.  I was able to set up a bootloader project  with a bootloader block and a UART block and flash it to my device, then set up the bootloadable block in my application and use the windows based Bootloader Host tool to flash the application to my device via UART.  All of that is working without any problem.

I now need to send the application image to my bootloader via an embedded host.  Where can I find information about the protocol used by the UART bootloader IP block?  I need to know what commands to send to flash and verify the image to the device.

Alternately, is there an example I can reference for how to take a .cyacd file and send it to a bootloader over UART, so that I can replicate what the Bootloader Host utility is doing in my embedded system?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @widget ,

You can refer this application note here : https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN68272_PSoC_3_PSoC_4_PSoC_5LP_and_PSoC_Analog_Coprocessor_UA... .It describes a UART-based bootloader for PSoC® 3, PSoC 4, and PSoC 5LP. 

When a Bootloader host uses a .cyacd file to send commands to the Bootloader, it parses the file. The parsing logic is in:

<install directory>\PSoC Creator\<version number>\PSoC Creator\cybootloaderutils\cybtldr_parse.c

I hope this helps. Please add here in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @widget ,

You can refer this application note here : https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-AN68272_PSoC_3_PSoC_4_PSoC_5LP_and_PSoC_Analog_Coprocessor_UA... .It describes a UART-based bootloader for PSoC® 3, PSoC 4, and PSoC 5LP. 

When a Bootloader host uses a .cyacd file to send commands to the Bootloader, it parses the file. The parsing logic is in:

<install directory>\PSoC Creator\<version number>\PSoC Creator\cybootloaderutils\cybtldr_parse.c

I hope this helps. Please add here in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes