PSOC 5 Safe Bootloader

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to implement a safe bootloader on the PSoC 5. By that I mean that the application receives the new binary, stores it away in the flash memory of the MCU, and only after uploading is complete transfers control to a loader that replaces the existing application and restarts the MCU.

Is there an example for this?

I saw that in Creator 4.2 there's a new SDK for the bootloader. Is it required to update the components, or can it be done with the existing bootloader?

Thanks,

Maor

0 Likes
1 Solution
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Hello Maor,

We do not have example project as per your requirement. To ensure a valid application in the flash, you can make use of either Dual-application bootloader or Golden Image bootloader. Both of them allow two bootloadable applications to reside in flash. However, each application has one half of the flash available from what would have been available for a "standard" bootloader project. You can find more details on dual application and golden image bootloader in below documents.

Bootloader and Bootloadable | Cypress Semiconductor

AN73854 - PSoC® 3, PSoC 4, and PSoC 5LP Introduction to Bootloaders | Cypress Semiconductor

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GeonaP_26
250 solutions authored 100 solutions authored 50 solutions authored

Hello Maor,

We do not have example project as per your requirement. To ensure a valid application in the flash, you can make use of either Dual-application bootloader or Golden Image bootloader. Both of them allow two bootloadable applications to reside in flash. However, each application has one half of the flash available from what would have been available for a "standard" bootloader project. You can find more details on dual application and golden image bootloader in below documents.

Bootloader and Bootloadable | Cypress Semiconductor

AN73854 - PSoC® 3, PSoC 4, and PSoC 5LP Introduction to Bootloaders | Cypress Semiconductor