PSOC-5 PROS/CONS,EOL

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaPo_4324361
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Hello,

I'm considering using the PSOC-5 in my design (Industrial/Military standards required) for the following task :

-      Power sequncing (up/down) and voltage monitoring (using the internal ADC-s) of several DC-DC/LDO-s.

-      Current / Temperature monitoring (using the internal ADC-s) of a few power rails / PCB hot spots (Using external Current/Temperature to Voltage Devices).

-      Reset (input discrete) signal management - time debouncer, performing power sequencing when reset asserted.

-      Events Log record (Resets, voltage regulations vs time, etc.) over the internal EEPROM.

-      Real-Time transfer of all measurements mentioned above, over I2C/SPI/UART(to extenal device).

-      Configuration (may be one time) of several devices over I2C/SPI.

To accomplish these tasks, can you point on pros and cons of this device, in comparison with other vendor CPLD-s, specifically Intel's MAX-10 (Try to be objective)?

What is the Longevity of the PSOC-5 (Which part has the longest life cycle/ farthest EOL estimation?)

Thanks,

Max

0 Likes
1 Solution
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

PSoC5 and MAX-10 are different class of devices, how  they can be compared? PSoC5 can accomplish all of the above in a breeze, but I would be concerned by the pricing and long-term availability.

/odissey1

View solution in original post

3 Replies