MultiApp Bootloader - Full Protected Bootloadable

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'am using the MultiApp Bootloader on PSoC5 and the transfer of a Bootloadable works fine.

I can full-protect the Bootloader to prevent a external read and an internal write in flash. So far..

Now i want to protect the first Bootloadable to make sure that it can be overwritten be another Bootable afterwards.

I can only field-protect in the Bootloader the area in the flash for the first image. When i full-protect the area i can not load the Bootable. Of course..

When i try to full-protect the supposed area in the Bootables Flash Security it is still possible to read out the flash in the PSoc Programmer. In addition to that the Flash Security Data shows still unprotected rows.

Is it possible to full-protect the a Bootable flash by using the Bootloader?

I attached to files.

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The first does show the dump of the PSoC Programmer. Here you can see the protected area of the bootloader and just behind the Bootable is located. It is unprotected.

The second file shows the config in the fash security of the .cydwr of the Bootable. I located the protected area behind the Bootloader. The Bootloadable is quite small. 4296 bytes / 256 = 16 rows. I protected 16 rows.

Please give me an advice what is going wrong or is it not possible to set the flash security by Bootloading?

Thanks

Paul

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I guess only the programmer can set flash security?

When i want to protect the first Bootable i need to program it with the programmer.

ciao

Paul

0 Likes