Moving forward

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I would really like opinions on this question:

I current produce a Amateur Radio device (transceiver) that uses the PSoC 3 48 pin SSOP (CY8C3246PVI-147).  Which newer device is most compatible with the PSoC 3 from both a hardware and software perspectives?  I know that no newer chip has the 48 pin SSOP foot print and I will need bite the bullet on that one.  Which newer chip allow me to move my application to it with the minium changes required?  I have had the opportunity to work with a number MCUs over the past couple of years, and still find that Cypress has the absolute best hardware and IDE platform available.  The only down side is from a hobbyist perspective, in that I will need to change the way I present kits.  Moving forward I will need to provide kits that have the PSoC pre-installed. 

Regards,

Ron

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Did you try (on a copy of your project) to select a PSoC5 of your choice and just compile the project? Most components and code will run & compile without any changes.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies