Most used CY8CKIT-059 Eval Boards ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MiSi_284936
Level 2
Level 2
First like given 10 replies posted First comment on KBA

General item. Have used the Eval Board off and on to set up a quick test of an actual product we make.

Really can't beat the price.

Then sometimes it sort of gets out hand being used for official test stations.

Wonder if that has happened to others also?

Built about 50 of these, hopefully, that will last the product.

SPI-test-board.jpgspi_25.jpg

Mike Simons

5 Replies
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Mike,

And as  a bonus, you got a  stash of KitProgs!

/odissey1

Len_CONSULTRON
Level 9
Level 9
Beta tester 500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted

Mike,

Bravo to you!   I'm a PSoC 'evangelist' here at work.  I've been trying to extol the many benefits of the PSoC to my colleagues with limited success.  I'm trying to convince others to use it in active programs with no success.  The best I can achieve is to use them in bench test jigs.

I've used the 059 kit extensively for testing jigs.  I found them to be very stable and reliable.  If improved analog accuracy is needed, I've added a gain and offset calibration in EEPROM to improve ADC reading to better than 0.1%.

As /odissey1 indicated, you now have many KitProg boards available.   If this is any help, I developed a test jig app using the whole 059 kit.  Once I got the results I wanted, I moved the app into the KitProg board itself.  Using the on-board USB interface of the target board, I also developed the app to run on the target board without the KitProg.

In summary, I have a solution with three projects running with the same application:

• The 059 kit (KitProg + Target) board.
  • KitProg board only
  • The 059 kit Target board only.

Bravo to Cypress for having such a versatile design that would allow me to do that!

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

KitProg can also be used for your projects if you change it a little:59.png

0 Likes

Evgeniy,

This is true.  You modifications would allow another KitProg or MiniProg3 to load a program into the re-targeted KitProg PCB.

However, without modifying the KitProg, I used the Bootloader mode.  I then place a proto-board on the J8, J9 and J7 connections with the needed circuit for the target application.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

Would have liked to use the bootloader, but never got around to it. Brought the 5pin out the back of the enclosure in case need to update.

0 Likes