Mass storage class

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
linardsee
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello,

I need to implement USB mass storage device (using MSC class) on PSOC CY8C5267LTI-LP089 chip. For storage I am going to use SPI flash. Thanks to Cypress community there are available drivers for USB and MSC  descriptors as well. Unfortunately, this is not enough for me at this moment, because linking storage and file system libraries with the MSC library takes effort and well understanding of the USB driver.

Could you please share me links to available MSC examples on PSOC 5 series or detailed documentation about the USB driver or some other recommendations?

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @linardsee ,

We presently do not have an official code example for PSoC 5LP, where USB block is configured as a mass storage device. However, we have a code example for PSoC 6 - https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-psoc6-usb-msc-logger  , where this example demonstrates how to configure the USB block in a PSoC 6 MCU as a Mass Storage (MSC) device and emulate a file system in the SRAM memory. You can go through this to understand the implementation of the USB descriptor for such an application.

Also, I am attaching another example project for PSoC 5LP USB mass storage. Please note that this project has also not been validated. But I hope this helps you to get a general understanding of how the USBFS component can be configured as a mass storage device.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @linardsee ,

We presently do not have an official code example for PSoC 5LP, where USB block is configured as a mass storage device. However, we have a code example for PSoC 6 - https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-psoc6-usb-msc-logger  , where this example demonstrates how to configure the USB block in a PSoC 6 MCU as a Mass Storage (MSC) device and emulate a file system in the SRAM memory. You can go through this to understand the implementation of the USB descriptor for such an application.

Also, I am attaching another example project for PSoC 5LP USB mass storage. Please note that this project has also not been validated. But I hope this helps you to get a general understanding of how the USBFS component can be configured as a mass storage device.

Best Regards,

Aashita

Thank you, @Aashita_R !
This seems something I was looking for!

0 Likes