MDIO post-read increment doesn't trigger interrupt

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaPe_2943731
Level 1
Level 1
First solution authored First like received First reply posted

I am using the advanced configuration of MDIO interface component and a number of registers configured to trigger an interrupt on read.  This functionality works perfectly when a read (mdio frame opcode 3)  is performed .

However when I perform a post-read address increment read (mdio frame opcode 2) the component does not generate a read interrupt.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi Dan,

I think there is an easy fix. In the vMDIO_Interface_v1_20.v file, change the logic that drives the "read" logic to:

always @(posedge op_clock)

begin

read <= (op_read | op_pos_read) & reg_cfg[MDIO_REG_INT_ON_READ] & addr_is_valid & is_page_en;

end

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi Dan,

I think there is an easy fix. In the vMDIO_Interface_v1_20.v file, change the logic that drives the "read" logic to:

always @(posedge op_clock)

begin

read <= (op_read | op_pos_read) & reg_cfg[MDIO_REG_INT_ON_READ] & addr_is_valid & is_page_en;

end

0 Likes

Hi RodolfoG_11 -

Thanks for the answer.  I will checked the MDIO_Interface_v1_20.v file as you suggested, and I believe op_read is true when the opcode is read or pos_read because the op_read is based only on bit 2 of the opcode field (which is true if read or pos_read).  However I'm not an expert in verilog so I could be reading the code wrong.

On further debug, I think the post-read increment is in fact driving the interrupt line for those MDIO registers where read trigger is configured.  However, in the servicing the interrupt I read the MDIO register address being triggered using MDIO_Advanced_GetAddress().  The return from this call is a post-incremented address if pos_read MDIO frame opcode is used.  Therefore, my read interrupt address decoding is off by +1 register.

The solution I'm persuing is to determine the MDIO frame opcode and adjust the register address returned from MDIO_Advanced_GetAddress() call depending on the read type.  Of course the next problem is that MDIO Advanced doesn't provide access to the MDIO frame fields...

0 Likes

Yes, you are right. That would not help.

You might need to customize the component by adding a status register to capture the op_code.

0 Likes