Logic Levels?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am a college student using the PSoC 5 FTK, and I am new to the PSoC (I come from a background of Arduino, BASIC, and C++) but I have spent the past two weeks here and there reading technical documents, watching video tutorials, and compiling example code to understand this device. I understand that the PSoC devices are a completely different animal than the AVR controllers used with Arduino. The problem is, I can't seem to find the logic levels the PSoC5 is capable of.

I need to work with TTL (5V) levels. My understanding is that the PSoC uses 'LVTTL' which is 3.3V? Correct me here with either of these assumptions if I'm wrong. The project I'm trying to include the PSoC in must interface with an iRobot Roomba (robotic vacuum) 'ROI' (Roomba Open Interface; PDF here: http://www.irobot.com/images/consumer/hacker/Roomba_SCI_Spec_Manual.pdf)

I have also tried to understand the FirstTouch Starter Kit power scheme (J1/J4 jumpers, Dddio, etc.) but to no avail. 

I can't get anywhere without this knowledge so to anyone out there who can help, thank you!!!  

0 Likes
3 Replies