JTAG, XRES, PROGRAMING

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
alma_284856
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Hi everyone,

I'm working with a CY8C5888LTI-LP097  (PSOC5LP).

I'm want to program it with JTAG so I connected the 10 pins as my attachment. I use the [1.2] (pin13) XRES instead of  pin10 but I can connect it with a strap if needed.

Now my problem is that when I connected JTAG from miniprog 3 with the parameters in attachment when I try to upload the program, the target doesn't appear, I have to clic on Port Acquire, and after 30second, it appears with a second target where it is write :"(Test Controller)" as you can see on attachment. And finally i can program the PSOC.

Why my target doesn't appear directly?!? 

I tryed to enable the "Use Optional XRES" but its doesn't work better...

Should I use PullUp on Xres or Not?

When I try to program it with SWD( 10pin) the target is directly find but the programming doesn't work.

Thank you very much, I read lot of topic and subjects and I still confuse about using XRES...

0 Likes
2 Replies
ETRO_SSN583
Level 9
Level 9
250 likes received 100 sign-ins 5 likes given

Have you seen this -

http://www.cypress.com/documentation/technical-reference-manuals/psoc-5lp-device-programming-specifi...

Also followed the recommendations for bypassing in the datasheet ?

Regards, Dana.

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
alma_284856
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

Well, yes I did.

I connected each capacitance and JTAG close to the µC, the VCCD is connected with a short trace...
The only difference with the example and my schematic is that they put 1µF on Vddd and Vdda, It can be the problem?

Thank you

0 Likes