Is it possible to set a voltage of 3.3v with psoc creator?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
BUTA_1301626
Level 4
Level 4
50 replies posted 25 replies posted 10 replies posted

Hi;

Is it possible to set a voltage of 3.3v with psoc creator?

3.3v adjustment as in the picture. I'm measuring 5v with a voltmeter.

voltage.JPG

0 Likes
1 Solution

BUTA,

From what I know,  the Vdda is used for conversion of ADC counts to Volts (or mV) when ADC voltage reference is set to Vdda (or Vdda/2, etc.) instead of internal 1.024V. Since PSoC doesn't know what Vdda is, one need to measure and set it in that field. If you don't use Vdda as a reference, then there is no need to change this parameter.

/odissey1

View solution in original post

8 Replies
LinglingG_46
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 10 questions asked

Do you mean that you supply the device with 5v, but you set the voltage of 3.3v?

Yes, it is. But when you use the ADC, you will get the inaccurate result, it is recommend that you set the voltage with the actual voltage.

0 Likes

I'm running the kit with usb. I would like to get 3.3v not 5v from pin outputs.

0 Likes

BUTA,

Using the CY8CKIT-059 board, it uses 5V as the default VDDD and VDDA.   If you want 3.3V outputs you have two choices:

• Remove R20 which connects the VTARG voltage of 5V from the KitProg board to the P5LP_VDD of the target board and connect a 3.3V voltage source to pin 2 of J4.  This can lead to an issue with programming the target PCB with the KitProg board.
  • If you can use only 8 pins to connect to external circuits, the Port 12 pins (P12.0 through P12.7) are SIO pins.  They allow for output level translation based on a supplied reference voltage.  Below is a simple circuit using a VDAC set at 3300mV as the reference.  This will limit the maximum output voltage to 3.3V while running the PSoC's VDDD and VDDA at 5V.

pastedImage_2.png

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes

What do I have to write as a command? Can you submit a sample creayor application project?

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

BUTA,

Try this.  It is a simple app for the CY8CKIT-059 eval board.  It toggles the port pin P12.0 once a second.  The VDAC is set to 3.3V and the high voltage should be near to this voltage.

Len

Len
"Engineering is an Art. The Art of Compromise."
0 Likes
odissey1
Level 9
Level 9
First comment on KBA 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

BUTA,

If you need the entire KIT-059 operating at 3.3V, a simple modification is described here by "pavloven":

Re: PSOC 5LP 3.3V external powered KitProg

/odissey1

3.3v power CY8CKIT-059 options

Ekran Alıntısı.JPG

This information is useful for me thank you.

I finally want to know what happens when we change the voltage values in "pins >> system >> operating conditions" section.

0 Likes

BUTA,

From what I know,  the Vdda is used for conversion of ADC counts to Volts (or mV) when ADC voltage reference is set to Vdda (or Vdda/2, etc.) instead of internal 1.024V. Since PSoC doesn't know what Vdda is, one need to measure and set it in that field. If you don't use Vdda as a reference, then there is no need to change this parameter.

/odissey1