Importing Old PSOC1.0 to PSOC5.4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PranayU
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

I am trying old code which written in psoc-1.0 to latest version and getting these errors.
Starting MAKE...
creating project.mk
name translation failed on C:/PROGRA~1/Cypress/Common/CY3E64~1 - 3
lib/accr_adc.asm
lib/accr_adcint.asm
CAUTION lib/psocconfig.asm is older than PSoCConfig.xml or missing
CAUTION you may need to generate source in PSoC Designer
lib/psocconfig.asm
lib/psocconfigtbl.asm
lib/psocgpioint.asm
lib/pwm8.asm
lib/pwm8int.asm
lib/timer8.asm
lib/timer8int.asm
!E C:\Users\LENOVO\DOWNLO~1\MANOJS~1\BIKE_T~1\BLDC~1\BLDC~1\commutation.c(26): illegal expression
!W C:\Users\LENOVO\DOWNLO~1\MANOJS~1\BIKE_T~1\BLDC~1\BLDC~1\commutation.c(26):[warning] expression with no effect elided
!W C:\Users\LENOVO\DOWNLO~1\MANOJS~1\BIKE_T~1\BLDC~1\BLDC~1\commutation.c(26):[warning] expression with no effect elided
!E C:\Users\LENOVO\DOWNLO~1\MANOJS~1\BIKE_T~1\BLDC~1\BLDC~1\commutation.c(26): syntax error; found `252' expecting `;'
!W C:\Users\LENOVO\DOWNLO~1\MANOJS~1\BIKE_T~1\BLDC~1\BLDC~1\commutation.c(86):[warning] [MISRA 2712]old-style function definition for `Switch_PWM'
!W C:\Users\LENOVO\DOWNLO~1\MANOJS~1\BIKE_T~1\BLDC~1\BLDC~1\commutation.c(410):[warning] [MISRA 2712]old-style function definition for `glitch_delayinus'
make: *** [obj/commutation.o] Error 1

BLDCMCON20 - 3 error(s) 5 warning(s) 16:57:39

0 Likes
1 Solution
SampathS_11
250 sign-ins 250 solutions authored 5 questions asked

Hello @PranayU ,

Kindly get in touch with Imagecraft and let them know you want to purchase a license of their compiler for PSoC Designer 4.4.

Best regards,

Sampath

View solution in original post

0 Likes
21 Replies
SampathS_11

Hello @PranayU ,

Kindly let me know if you meant to say PSoC Designer 4.0. 

It is not straightforward migrating from PSoC Designer 4.0 to PSoC Designer 5.4.

In case you have all the required PSoC Designer versions, you will have to migrate from PSoC Designer 4.0 to PSoC Designer 4.4, and then to PSoC Designer 5.0 and finally to PSoC Designer 5.4.

Kindly note that PSoC Designer 4.0 works with the Hitech compiler, which is not supported anymore. PSoC Designer 5.0 onwards works with Imagecraft C compiler.

In a nutshell, you will be better off recreating the project using PSoC Designer 5.4.

For the name translation issue kindly refer to Name translation failed...... Also note that CAUTION message that you will have to Generate the project, before you build the project.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj

0 Likes
PranayU
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 replies posted

Hello Sampaths,

Thanks for your reply.

Could you share some reference so, that we can create new version project with taking old settings and program file ?

As we are not able to re-write whole code again, it is very big code and very difficult to re-write again.  Please guide us I am new in this IDE. 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
SampathS_11

Hello @PranayU ,

I am sharing with you ImageCraft Compiler Migration Guide, to help you perform the migration. Kindly be informed that migration is a very complicated task, so you must first become very thorough with PSoC Designer, before you attempt the migration. You have not yet confirmed the PSoC Designer version your existing project uses. Kindly do confirm.

Best regards,

Sampath Selvaraj   

0 Likes

Hello Sampaths,

Thanks for your reply and documentation.

We are using document as you shared for Migration and still getting some issues.  This project was developed in 2010 and tested successfully. Now we like to go for production. At initial phase , we are going for 100 nos then 10000 per year. 

I am not able to recognise exact version, but it should be 4.2.

Currently, we are getting these errors and warning:

!E C:\Users\ue\DOCUME~1\PSOCDE~1.4PR\PDPROJ~2\PDPROJ~1\commutation.c(26): illegal expression
!W C:\Users\ue\DOCUME~1\PSOCDE~1.4PR\PDPROJ~2\PDPROJ~1\commutation.c(26):[warning] expression with no effect elided
!W C:\Users\ue\DOCUME~1\PSOCDE~1.4PR\PDPROJ~2\PDPROJ~1\commutation.c(26):[warning] expression with no effect elided
!E C:\Users\ue\DOCUME~1\PSOCDE~1.4PR\PDPROJ~2\PDPROJ~1\commutation.c(26): syntax error; found `252' expecting `;'
!W C:\Users\ue\DOCUME~1\PSOCDE~1.4PR\PDPROJ~2\PDPROJ~1\commutation.c(86):[warning] [MISRA 2712]old-style function definition for `Switch_PWM'
!W C:\Users\ue\DOCUME~1\PSOCDE~1.4PR\PDPROJ~2\PDPROJ~1\commutation.c(410):[warning] [MISRA 2712]old-style function definition for `glitch_delayinus'
make: * [obj/commutation.o] Error 1

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello @PranayU ,

Kindly attach commutation.c file to enable me check for the errors.

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello SampathS,

Thanks !

Please find attachment for Commutation.c file and error getting.

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello @PranayU ,

Line 26 Port0shadow & =  ;  

It should be corrected to Port0shadow &=  Operand;

This statement would have given an error in your original project, and it would not have been built. This error is not due to migration.

Best regards,

Sampath  

0 Likes
lock attach

Hello SampathS,

Please find updated commutation file. We had added operand, but still getting error.

Regards,

Pranay

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello @PranayU ,

The operator "&=" is "& =" in your source code. 

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes

Hello Sampath,

Most of the things, I am observing that Issue with Port Shadow register .

Could you please give some hint for using this Portxshadow register 

0 Likes
lock attach

Hi,

I am trying to download psoc 4.4 , so that we can run code on that and start to test our code, as we need to do production asap,

We are getting error as per attachment.

Please help us to install psocdesign-4.4 or earlier so that we can test our HW.

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello @PranayU ,

Kindly note that PSoC1 family is not recommended for new designs or production runs, since all support has been stopped, though we answer questions on the community. I request you to consider our newer PSoC4 family for a new production run.

You can refer to you have to run the 64-bit version of dpinst.exe on this machine contact the vendor for resolving the issue you are facing while installing PSoC Designer. Kindly note that PSoC Designer has not been tested on Windows 7 or later, so you may not be able to install it successfully on all machines.

Kindly refer to PSoC®1 - Getting Started With GPIO, Chapter 5 Shadow Registers on page 14.

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes

Hello SampathS,

Thanks for your support.

We will go for production, as per supported device, but before this I need to test my earlier rev. code on current device. 

So I need to run current code on this device then we can change device, so please support us to run this code, so that prototype can be shown to customer. Parallelly I can start to design on new device. 

0 Likes

Hello Sampath,

I installed PSoc 4.4 on my PC and run the code. I am getting License error. Please support me to get it done.

Starting MAKE...
creating project.mk -- no changes
./commutation.c

!E C:\Program Files (x86)\Cypress MicroSystems\PSoC Designer\tools\InvalidCompilerLicense.txt(0): ...Operation terminated. Compiler License invalid or not accessible

C:\PROGRA~2\CYPRES~1\PSOCDE~1\tools\make: *** [obj/commutation.o] Error -1

bldc20 - 2 error(s) 0 warning(s) 18:15:27

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello @PranayU ,

This is because, the compiler is HiTech, and support for it stopped long back. You should migrate to PSoC Designer 5.0 and then build the project, as I have advised you earlier.

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes

Thanks. 

I am running PSoc 4.4, and compiler for 4.4 is ImageCraft, but still it is not supporting.

Could we buy ImageCraft compiler for 4.4 , as ImageCraft supoorting for License ? Please guide.

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello @PranayU ,

Kindly get in touch with Imagecraft and let them know you want to purchase a license of their compiler for PSoC Designer 4.4.

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes

Thanks.

I requested and buying license. 

We are also planning to importing our code to latest 32-Bit uC for BLDC Controller for E-Mobility application. 

Please suggest suitable application note and part no. for same. 

0 Likes
SampathS_11

Hello @PranayU ,

I recommend you consider PSoC4 or XMC.

Do kindly let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,

Sampath

0 Likes

Hello Sampath,

Thanks for your response.

We will work parallel on this Psoc-4.0 for our solution. 

As per suggestion we installed Psoc-4.2 on XP Window and also purchased Imange Craft license but still we are not able to compile code. As I told you that we don't have PSOC Expert with us, so please guide that what is still issue. XP professional window Service pack -2 installed and we are running code on XP. 

It will be great help, if you support us to run our working code for demo. Once demo completed then we can get order for project delivery. I hope you can understand. 

0 Likes
VictorJohnsonan
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

An 8-bit CPU has 8 digital lines (data-buses) in parallel. This allows an 8-bit MCU to work with values only from 0 to 28 (255) each clock cycle. In contrast, a 32-bit CPU has 32 parallel digital lines, allowing it to handle values from 0 to 232 (4,294,967,295) each clock cycle. This shows the significance of 32-bit architectures over 8-bit in terms ofprocessing power.

This plays a role in the efficiency of executing mathematical operations. 32-bit MCUs are more efficient in processing math operations on numbers that are longer than 8-bits. To implement mathematical operations of 32-bit numbers with an 8-bit MCU requires more CPU cycles as compared to a 32-bit CPU. Depending on how processing intensive your application is and how many calculations it makes, this can affect the performance of the circuit.

With its larger data-bus, a 32-bit MCU can also access larger memory spaces. A 32-bit data path also enables faster copying of large chunks of data as compared to an 8-bit MCU as a 32-bit MCU is capable of handling four times the data at a time. For an application wherein the primarily function is to stream data from one place to another (for example, implementing an UART to USB bridge), a 32-bit MCU will be more suitable than an 8-bit MCU.

0 Likes