I2C pins dont work on all ports

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jakac_1482786
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

I have been using PSoC5 for a series of scientific instruments, and I have noticed something strange- when I assign my I2C pins to ports0[0]-0[7], they don't work.  I have them pulled up.  Strangely, when I move them to pins 2.3 and 2.4 with absolutely no other changes in the code, the communication works properly.  I noticed something similar with SPI as well.  Creator doesn't seem to indicate that I shouldn't be using those pins for communications.  Can anyone tell me why this is happening.  It doesn't seem to be happening with a PSOC4M.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Be aware that some of the pins are connected to bypass caps or use dedicated I/O functions. Have a look into the datasheet of the -059 Kit.

Bob

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

Please mention the PSOC5LP part no. specifically and also please share the project with us

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
jakac_1482786
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

It is the CY8CKIT-059 board with the CY8C5888LTI-LP097 chip.  I have noticed this phenomenon with both SPI and I2C.

0 Likes
Bob_Marlowe
Level 10
Level 10
First like given 50 questions asked 10 questions asked

Be aware that some of the pins are connected to bypass caps or use dedicated I/O functions. Have a look into the datasheet of the -059 Kit.

Bob

0 Likes
AnkitaS_51
Employee
Employee
100 likes received 50 likes received 25 likes received

P3_2,P0_2, P0_3 and P0_4 these pins have bypass CAP connected.

& also P3_3, P3_2, P0_7, P0_6, P0_5, P0_4 pins are reserved for HW REV ID

jakac_1482786
Level 3
Level 3
First like received

What is HW REV ID?

0 Likes